Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet Victory medal

Article about: Good evening, I would like to show my first ever Soviet item I picked up. It's a 'Soviet Victory over Germany' medal with document. My knowledge about Soviet awards is basically none, but i

?

Default Soviet Victory medal

Good evening,

I would like to show my first ever Soviet item I picked up. It's a Soviet 'Victory over Germany' medal with document.
    My knowledge about Soviet awards is basically none, but I did some looking around on the forum and felt comfortable enough to purchase this set. I think the medal was awarded in 1946 and thats about it.
    If anyone could help me with some more information on the document I am very gratefull. Thanks in advance.

(click to enlarge)
    Soviet Victory medalSoviet Victory medal
    Soviet Victory medalSoviet Victory medal

Regards, Rik

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Victory medal
    P
    Many

Original medal! Document is awarded to lieutenant Ioan Borisovich Belenkiy signed by the commander of the 680th independant self propelled Artillery Division Guards Major (if I can see this correct - rank is quite vague to read) Tarakanov.

?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Original medal! Document is awarded to lieutenant Ioan Borisovich Belenkiy signed by the commander of the 680th independant self propelled Artillery Division Guards Major (if I can see this correct - rank is quite vague to read) Tarakanov.
    Good morning Marcel,

Thank you very much for your reply. Good to definitely know the medal is original. And great information of the document, gives me a lead to do some research myself. Any tips on websites or sources for me to look around?

And I will try to make a better picture of the rank later today.

Regards, Rik

Edit: after a look at the photos on my phone it turns out the 680 is actually 650.

It is indeed the 650th division. It was hard to see on the photo.

Research can be done here: Подвиг народа
    But it is only in Russian. There are several members here who speak Russian and who could help to find more info on Belenkiy.

?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    It is indeed the 650th division. It was hard to see on the photo.

Research can be done here: Подвиг народа
    But it is only in Russian. There are several members here who speak Russian and who could help to find more info on Belenkiy.
    Thank you! I will take a look there.

?

Hi! Yes, the medal and the document are fine....But what is interesting and it makes it easier to search...This is the name of the hero!!! Ioan......For Russian language it's a rare name...We have a name that sounds like Ivan.....But here Ioan...Very rarely..I have not met such names in Russia....But before the war on front came people from villages with very ancient names..it's rare!!

?

Quote by ollar View Post
    Hi! Yes, the medal and the document are fine....But what is interesting and it makes it easier to search...This is the name of the hero!!! Ioan......For Russian language it's a rare name...We have a name that sounds like Ivan.....But here Ioan...Very rarely..I have not met such names in Russia....But before the war on front came people from villages with very ancient names..it's rare!!
    Very interesting information. Thank you for taking the time to share this.
    I am glad I got this set as the first Soviet items in my collection.

Regards, Rik

?

If you see.on your medal.. on the medal face of Stalin, pointing to the left (to the West)! It's towards Germany. And after victory over Japan, withdrew medal more rare. - To victory over Japan!"...where the face is turned to the right (to the East)!In the direction of Japan ! Regarding the map of the USSR, of course..
    Soviet Victory medal

This is a historical reference for colleagues!!

?

For reference!! This medal was issued after 1945. Like many medals .They are a symbol of victory over the enemy. There were also medals For the liberation of cities from the enemy..They were also given after the war.As a combat road, taking part in the battles for the city in the USSR or Europe.You can easily find the list and photos of these medals online...
    My grandfather received this medal in 1947 ! As well as medals "For defense of Leningrad" and "For liberation of Prague"...But the military awards "For bravery"," For military merit" and the order of the "red star" ,,,were received in battle in the period 1941 -45 years !Battle awards were recorded directly in the military card and numbered!

Soviet Victory medalSoviet Victory medalSoviet Victory medalSoviet Victory medalSoviet Victory medalSoviet Victory medalSoviet Victory medal

In the photo my grandfather is sitting on the bumper of the car.On the chest only rewards for battles and badge "guard"...1944.

?

That is a great piece of history you got there ollar. Very nice to have the complete grouping of your grandfather. I really like the look of the medals.
    Last edited by Rik.S; 05-03-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast