Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Soviet Victory medal

Article about: Good evening, I would like to show my first ever Soviet item I picked up. It's a 'Soviet Victory over Germany' medal with document. My knowledge about Soviet awards is basically none, but i

The Leningrad medal on the medalbar has a wrong ribbon (it is from the Odessa medal).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Victory medal
    P
    Many

?

The Central strip is green! The camera changes color!

?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Original medal! Document is awarded to lieutenant Ioan Borisovich Belenkiy signed by the commander of the 680th independant self propelled Artillery Division Guards Major (if I can see this correct - rank is quite vague to read) Tarakanov.
    It took me a while to figure this out but you were right about the rank. After using cyrillic online keyboards I know for sure the rank is Guards Major.
    Thanks again!

Regards, Rik

?

There is a Беленький Иоан(н) Борисович 1914г. who is a lieutenant
    but it lists him as with the 938 сап 23 А and was a commander of a SU-76?
    It very well could be him.....My books are put away, but I do not find an immediate reference to "650" отдельный самоходно-артиллерийский дивизион which could have been reorganized in June of 45?

?

Quote by B618aa View Post
    There is a Беленький Иоан(н) Борисович 1914г. who is a lieutenant
    but it lists him as with the 938 сап 23 А and was a commander of a SU-76?
    It very well could be him.....My books are put away, but I do not find an immediate reference to "650" отдельный самоходно-артиллерийский дивизион which could have been reorganized in June of 45?
    Thank you very much for your help. The information you provided is very interesting.
    I am gratefull for every bit of help, because I am having a hard time trying to research the document myself.

?

Go here Подвиг народа
    and put in his name
    Last name Беленький
    First Name Иоан*
    Middle Name Борисович
    Use the * after it because that person is listed with two H at the end, but is the only one with that name....and it looks reasonable.

it comes up with this person....and I think there is a shot it is him if you can find out more about the 650th (when was it created or transformed).
    He has two awards in an interesting unit if it was him.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Victory medal  

?

Quote by B618aa View Post
    Go here Подвиг народа
    and put in his name
    Last name Беленький
    First Name Иоан*
    Middle Name Борисович
    Use the * after it because that person is listed with two H at the end, but is the only one with that name....and it looks reasonable.

it comes up with this person....and I think there is a shot it is him if you can find out more about the 650th (when was it created or transformed).
    He has two awards in an interesting unit if it was him.....
    I have been seacrching on the web but no succes on the 650th. So I decided to have another good look at the document and the stamp on the document. Turns out you were right about the 938th. The stamp is a unit stamp of the: 938 самоходн арт. орд. Кутузова.
    There is some more cyrillic in the stamp but I can't read it, to vague for me to see.
    I will try to post a better photo of the stamp.

?

I tried to keep the photo's as large and clear as possible. Looks like the unit was awarded the Order of Kutuzov 3rd Class?
    Maybe someone else could decipher the stamp and see if I got it right.

(click to enlarge)
    Soviet Victory medal
    Soviet Victory medal

Thanks for looking.

Regards, Rik

Yes, I believe you have it right. The 938th Self-Propelled Artillery "Keletsky" Orders of Kutuzov and Bogdan Khmelnitsky Regiment (938-й самоходно-артиллерийский Келецкий орденов Кутузова и Богдана Хмельницкого полк) had the Order of Kutuzov, 3rd Class, conferred October 22nd, 1944 for " the exemplary performance of command assignments in battles with German invaders during the breakthrough of enemy defenses north of the city of Tartu and the valor and courage displayed at the same time." Tartu is a city in Estonia.

938th Self-Propelled Artillery "Keletsky" Orders of Kutuzov and Bogdan Khmelnitsky Regiment

?

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    Yes, I believe you have it right. The 938th Self-Propelled Artillery "Keletsky" Orders of Kutuzov and Bogdan Khmelnitsky Regiment (938-й самоходно-артиллерийский Келецкий орденов Кутузова и Богдана Хмельницкого полк) had the Order of Kutuzov, 3rd Class, conferred October 22nd, 1944 for " the exemplary performance of command assignments in battles with German invaders during the breakthrough of enemy defenses north of the city of Tartu and the valor and courage displayed at the same time." Tartu is a city in Estonia.

938th Self-Propelled Artillery "Keletsky" Orders of Kutuzov and Bogdan Khmelnitsky Regiment

Thank you very much Bill for verifying for what I thought and hoped it would be. This document turned out to be a great example and a quite the steal too.

Regards, Rik

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2