Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Stalingrad Certificate, help required with the details

Article about: hi all, wonder if i could ask for a spot of help with a Stalingrad certificate please. Recently picked it up, however only have a limited knowledge of this area of collection, but i think it

I'll have to dig in a bit but at the moment, my best guess is still the 28th army in the map above.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stalingrad Certificate, help required with the details
    P
    Many

thanks - anything else you can add to his story would be great. Nice to keep these long forgotten names alive somehow..

The 90th division is mentioned briefly as to their location Mid-February in 'After Stalingrad' by Glantz…

Just to give a big thanks to meyerse for his help with this and the very useful website that he recommended. Still working through all the different information I've found about the soldier and his war time parth, but though I'd post a photo and the eulogy that was posted on the 75th anniversary of the end of WW2 by the Agrarian University in his home town of Ufa....

Stalingrad Certificate, help required with the details

Traditionally, every year we celebrate Victory Day with great excitement and pain in our hearts. 71 years have passed since the end of World War II. However, the time is powerless to weaken the memory of mankind about the steadfastness and courage of the Soviet people who defended the honour and independence of our Motherland.

It is regrettable that the price of the Great Victory is tragically enormous - 27 million human lives. Of the 795 thousand sons of Bashkiria who went to the front, 238 thousand died the death of the brave.

121 representatives of the Bashkir Agricultural Institute participated in the Great Patriotic War . More than half died in hostilities, died of wounds and diseases in hospitals, and went missing. The life of many of them was cut short at the very beginning of the war. They were all young.

Our soldiers in battles showed courage and courage, an unbending will to win, a willingness to make a sacrifice. Here are the names of individual heroes who fell in the war...….

Guard Senior Lieutenant, Assistant to the Chief of the Political Department of the 86th Infantry Division Vtorov Vasily Dmitrievich died of his wounds in 1945. Participated in hostilities on the Leningrad, Stalingrad, Southern, Don and Ukrainian fronts. For military merits, he was awarded the Order of the Red Star in 1944 and World War II of the second degree in 1945.

About his exploits in the award sheet it is written: "Comrade Vtorov did a great job of educating youth in the spirit of selfless devotion to the cause of Lenin - Stalin. Hundreds of Komsomol members in past battles showed heroism and courage, for which they were awarded orders and medals. "He exemplarily performed combat missions, during the battles he was often in combat units and, with his fiery Bolshevik word and personal example of courageous courage, inspired fighters to fulfil a combat order."

Nice to save a little bit of history.....

Really nice work and to have the picture is great.
    His efforts and history have a little more life to them now.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2