Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Translation help Berlin Capture medal

Article about: Hello. I have seen this Certificate of the Berlin capture medal, and it has interested me, because, unless I am mistaken, it was delivered in 1948 to a simple soldier named Pyotr. I don´t kn

Default Translation help Berlin Capture medal

Hello.

I have seen this Certificate of the Berlin capture medal, and it has interested me, because, unless I am mistaken, it was delivered in 1948 to a simple soldier named Pyotr. I don´t know anything about the Russian language, but I think he was a soldier and his name was Pyotr.

I can´t read his full name. If possible, I would ask you to indicate to me the full name of this soldier.

I liked the fact that he was able to survive that last difficult moment that was the Battle of Berlin. I imagine he was awarded the medal when he had already been licensed from the Red Army and was able to return to his normal civilian life.

I see that the medal is not in good condition (back). The seller asks for 33 dollars for this medal and the certificate, which seems to me a small amount, so it symbolizes this medal, which I guess seems authentic. Do you think it´s a good one?

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Translation help Berlin Capture medal
    P
    Many

It is a good 2nd variant medal (with what looks like original first ribbon) and the price including document is ok too imo.

Translated (my best attempt):

Soldat Petr Andreevich Semenyuk

Thank you very much, you have helped me a lot.

If posible, I wanted to ask another question. The soldier Semenyuk medal seems authentic for me, from an aesthetic point of view, even on the ribbon.

I have seen another medal from Berlin, which seems to have replaced the original ribbon, although the medal could be original. After reading the thread, "Campaign medal documents", I see that the medal is sold with a document signed by a military unit (no. 67).

Please excuse my ignorance. Which of the two sets of medal and document do you find most interesting? If you were in my place, and you had to choose between the medal of second type and document granted in 1948; and between the medal and the document granted in 1945, which seems to have changed the original ribbon, what medal and document would you choose? Thank you again.

Me personally I would go for the 1st variant (though it has a replaced ribbon). I prefer first variants. The unit is far more interesting too with these honorary titles. It is signed by the commander of the 67th independant Guards Heavy Tank Red Banner Order of Suvorov Brigade.