Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Victory Over Germany Medal & Booklet. Translation, PLEASE?

Article about: I received these two items from fellow forum members (Medal from Lars and booklet from Roger). I was hoping someone could translate the booklet for me! Please and thank you!

Default Victory Over Germany Medal & Booklet. Translation, PLEASE?

I received these two items from fellow forum members (Medal from Lars and booklet from Roger).

I was hoping someone could translate the booklet for me! Please and thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Victory Over Germany Medal & Booklet. Translation, PLEASE?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Victory Over Germany Medal & Booklet. Translation, PLEASE?

Here is what my wife translated, but we still need someone being able to translate the unit company in the lower right of the booklet. She don't know what it means.

Left side says

For victory over Germany in the great patriotic war

Right side says

Certificate
    For participation in the great patriotic war
    Vasil'ev Pyotr Gavrilovich
    Decree from the highest counsel of the USSR from 9 may 1945
    Awarded with medal For victory over Germany in the great patriotic war
    On behalf of the highest counsel of the USSR the medal have been given 30 April 1946
    Lieutenant Colonel of 416 or 4/6 "some army unit" It will take some time to find out this term. A military abbreviation.
    Name Shapovalov

Didn't mean to step on your toes, Lars! I just was hoping someone here could help me figure out what kind of soldier Pyotr was!

?

Did not see it that way my friend. Just wanted to make it easier for the next guy

She have spelled the "military" term like this ОСЭКАНБС or OSEKANBC. We are however not sure about the A, because we can't find anything google'ing it. Not even in the CCCP military slang. Something to work on here

?

The recipient was Private Pyotr Gavrilovich Vasilyev and his document was issued and signed on April 30, 1946 by the commander of the 416th OSEKANBS [no idea what the full abbreviation stands for... I think Independent ............ Signals Battalion], Lieutenant Colonel Shapovalov.

?

Nice Auke. We are getting closer

Quote by Auke View Post
    The recipient was Private Pyotr Gavrilovich Vasilyev and his document was issued and signed on April 30, 1946 by the commander of the 416th OSEKANBS [no idea what the full abbreviation stands for... I think Independent ............ Signals Battalion], Lieutenant Colonel Shapovalov.
    From the stamp I see, Independent ____?____ ____?____ ____?____ Order of Aleksandr Nevsky Signals Battalion...

?

The full name seems to be "416th Independent Red Banner and Order of Alexander Nevsky Construction and Exploitation Signal Battalion". Curious designation...

Maybe, that this battalion was involved in all the same to the "communication troops", than for "construction troops"?
    That's what they write the relatives of officer from that battalion:

My great-grandfather was a young officer in the war in the Signal Corps - 416 Separate Building Operations of the Red Banner Order of Alexander Nevsky Battalion of Communications.

http://moypolk.ru/soldiers/valiahmetov-yasavi-sagirovich