Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Victory Over Japan medal w/ Booklet. Authentic?

Article about: I was able to pick up this medal for cheap and it's currently on it's way to me. I know I should have looked before leaping... but I had to act fast! Is it authentic? Can anyone tell me what

Default Victory Over Japan medal w/ Booklet. Authentic?

I was able to pick up this medal for cheap and it's currently on it's way to me.

I know I should have looked before leaping... but I had to act fast!

Is it authentic? Can anyone tell me what the booklet says?

Victory Over Japan medal w/ Booklet. Authentic?Victory Over Japan medal w/ Booklet. Authentic?Victory Over Japan medal w/ Booklet. Authentic?Victory Over Japan medal w/ Booklet. Authentic?Victory Over Japan medal w/ Booklet. Authentic?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Victory Over Japan medal w/ Booklet. Authentic?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Victory Over Japan medal w/ Booklet. Authentic?

100% original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Interesting fact Gizmo: On the VoG medal, stalin is facing West. On the VoJ medal, he faces East.

Nice 2nd variant medal with document, still need one of these. I have some others on the way though. ;-)

Tom

Thanks for the kind words, folks! I picked both the medal and document up for $50. I had only seen this around for $50 EACH, so I jumped on the opportunity.

Quote by DioMac View Post
    Interesting fact Gizmo: On the VoG medal, stalin is facing West. On the VoJ medal, he faces East.
    I never realized that! Thanks!

?

It's a good one. The document was issued to a Fyodor Filimonovich Terekhov on June 21, 1946 by the military commissar of the Latvian city of Liepāja, Lieutenant Colonel Kudryashov.

Quote by Auke View Post
    It's a good one. The document was issued to a Fyodor Filimonovich Terekhov on June 21, 1946 by the military commissar of the Latvian city of Liepāja, Lieutenant Colonel Kudryashov.
    Very cool, thanks Auke!

Does it say what type of soldier or what unit Fyodor Filimonovich Terekhov belonged to?

?

No, nothing. No rank, and the fact that the document was filled out in a military commissariat suggests that the recipient was decommissioned by that time. There's nobody by his name in the digital citation archive, so he didn't receive any bravery awards during the war.

Quote by Auke View Post
    No, nothing. No rank, and the fact that the document was filled out in a military commissariat suggests that the recipient was decommissioned by that time. There's nobody by his name in the digital citation archive, so he didn't receive any bravery awards during the war.
    Thanks, Auke!