Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Where do you find soviet decorations.

Article about: Just like the title said. Where do you find your soviet medals and decorations?

?

Default Where do you find soviet decorations.

Just like the title said. Where do you find your soviet medals and decorations?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Where do you find soviet decorations.
    P
    Many

I don't collect Soviet decorations, so I cannot be of much help here, but allow me the observation that you should state where you live in order for other members to recommend appropriate sources.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I don't collect Soviet decorations, so I cannot be of much help here, but allow me the observation that you should state where you live in order for other members to recommend appropriate sources.
    Absolutely valid point.

I have collected Soviet awards off and on for some years but have not added any for quite some time due to the massive fake industry that has grown since the fall of Communism.

There certainly were a couple of very good dealers that I have used. One at least in New York state and another based in Russia but who used to visit the major shows in Europe and UK.

If you can be a little more specific as to your location I will try to see if these guys are still active and answer accordingly.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Yeah probably should have mentioned that I live in Belgium. I'm not really a collector, just doing it for fun. I would like to go to Russia or any other east-european country and look around for some medals. I guess I don't really care that much if the medals are fake or not. So most of them would be fake on flea markets.

I think it is better to buy at the famous Russian military sites (their names may suggest forum members, collect "Russian gear"). At "flea markets" or "streets" in Russia award immediately bought up by "speculators" for resale, where you will not find good things.

?

Try:collectrussia.com

Quote by chen View Post
    Try:collectrussia.com
    They want 110 $ for a Defense of Stalingrad medal. Are they sick?