Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 medal group, Help wanted

Article about: There may be some images of fakes of the three in question on this site, I'm not sure. Over at the Soviet-awards.com forum there's a whole subsection devoted to them. If you're fluent in Rus

Default WW2 medal group, Help wanted

Hi Chaps

Could I have your oppinion on this group, real or fake.

Sorry but dont have better photos.

Thanks

Robin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 medal group, Help wanted
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 medal group, Help wanted

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Hi Chaps

Could I have your oppinion on this group, real or fake.

Sorry but dont have better photos.

Thanks

Robin

While im no expert i have had these medals in the past plus other Russian groups and they look ok to me. Russian WW2 medals tend to be of a lesser quality and as such they do have a fakey appearance but they were worn by their recipients even in battle during WW2. Also unlike British medals they do not have the sometimes high value and as thus are not copied to a high degree. Im sure there will be someone on the forum who can confirm they are gen for you but they do look ok. Regards, Tim.

It's widespread medals. They are counterfeited rarely. Your's absolutely authentic.

Thanks for the answers. I know that many Russian medals are now copied just wanted to be sure.

Best wishes

Robin

?

Hi, looks O.K. to me, don´t worry. The three medals are from the period around 1947. Option 3.

PD: Robin , I visit your country last summer, it´s wonderful.
    Best regards from Spain .

Hi Robin, always best to make sure. I have seen fakes of the Victory over Germany medal and they made about 14 million of these originally....

Cheers, Ade.

Yeah these russian medals are rarely faked, such high quantaties were produced as Ade said. They are definately original.

They are, from left to right, Medal for Victory over Germany, Medal for the Liberation of Berlin, and a Medal for the Liberation of Warsaw. It's a very nice medal bar. . .

?

So much wrong information here I don't know where to start.
    Soviet medals of the GPW are of good to excellent quality.
    Many, if not most are heavily faked.
    Some are of extremely high value.
    These particular medals are all Variation 2 meaning the ring is part of the medal itself, not seperatley soldered on.

Also, the ribbons have been replaced as is the suspension which was brass initially. Probably a made-up group. If sold without documents worth the value of the medals only, With documents (to one person) more than likely a scam.

Quote by ericfg View Post
    So much wrong information here I don't know where to start.
    Somebody can show any pictures of fakes of these medals. It would be interesting to me. Living in territory of the USSR I never saw fakes even one of these three medals. It is probably expedient to forge “liberation of Warsaw”, but for sure not “for the Victory over Germany” or “for the Capture of Berlin”. These medals are too cheap for falsification.
    The ribbons can seem nonnative because medals have been hung on the group aluminum bar, or/and old ribbons could become slovenly. IMHO, it is possible that ribbon is replaced only on the “VoG”. Anyway, it not such unique group to tell about its improbability.

Certainly that without documentary acknowledgement it not group, but only 3 different medals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast