Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 medal group, Help wanted

Article about: There may be some images of fakes of the three in question on this site, I'm not sure. Over at the Soviet-awards.com forum there's a whole subsection devoted to them. If you're fluent in Rus

?

Default Re: WW2 medal group, Help wanted

There may be some images of fakes of the three in question on this site, I'm not sure. Over at the Soviet-awards.com forum there's a whole subsection devoted to them.
    If you're fluent in Russian there are some great forums as well and I've no doubt they go into ever greater detail on the fakes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 medal group, Help wanted
    P
    Many

?

WW2 medal group, Help wantedWW2 medal group, Help wantedWW2 medal group, Help wantedWW2 medal group, Help wanted
    Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    Yeah these russian medals are rarely faked, such high quantaties were produced as Ade said. They are definately original.
    That is absolutely incorrect. All Soviet medals are heavily faked, right down to the most common Victory over Germany Medal.

Heck, I saw a faked Victory over Japan medal this morning. The repros of the lower level medals are pretty poor, while the campaign medals have some very convincing copies.

The medals in the initial thread are definitely original. I like them a lot. Who knowns when they were assembled onto that bar though. Can you please post an image of the reverse?

Here are just a few... and these are some of the LOWER quality fakes out there.

Lesson here: Do not get complacent or you will get burned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 medal group, Help wanted  

Quote by Paul

That is absolutely incorrect. All Soviet medals are heavily faked, right down to the most common Victory over Germany Medal.

Heck, I saw a faked Victory over Japan medal this morning. The repros of the lower level medals are pretty poor, while the campaign medals have some very convincing copies.

The medals in the initial thread are definitely original. I like them a lot. Who knowns when they were assembled onto that bar though. Can you please post an image of the reverse?

Here are just a few... and these are some of the LOWER quality fakes out there.

Lesson here: Do not get complacent or you will get burned.
    I never said they 'are never faked'.. just that around these parts i dont see many fakes.
    The fakes I see are not sold as originals. They are requested to be made as duplicates of their ancestor's originals. I have duplicated, reproduction medals of every one of my ancestors that have been in a war, that i requested to be made.

What i am basically trying to say is that there aren't many people at all that make fakes for these types of medals and sell them as originals, because the profit is not always there. The fakes are usually sold as fakes (from my part of the world, that is.) Those medals you mentioned are probably just repros made as duplicates...they look like it too.

?

I hear what you are saying and am not trying to be argumentative, but I disagree based upon what I have seen over the past 20 years.

These medals I posted photos for were almost being sold to a friend of mine as original, just yesterday. They were all being offered for 300 dollars. There are tons of these medals, often much higher quality than this, being sold as originals at shows and Ebay.

I dont doubt that people make duplicates and etc for heirlooms, but I feel that this is the minority. As you said, why duplicate things like this when they are so readily available? They are not so profitable to make, unless they are cranked out by the 100s. A 2 dollar investment sold for 15 dollars x 200 is a lot of money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2