Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

110 Pound British/Canadian Armstrong Round

Article about: I did two Military shows this weekend, at the second one, a fellow that has owned me money for several years offered me this as part of what he owned me. I was very happen we have sorted thi

?

Default 110 Pound British/Canadian Armstrong Round

I did two Military shows this weekend, at the second one, a fellow that has owned me money for several years offered me this as part of what he owned me.
    I was very happen we have sorted this out.

This is a pattern 1869 British Armstrong 110 pound projectile, complete and none dug.
    These are VERY rare, this one is dated later and well marked, I think there are other markings on the rifling lugs, however until I get it out and set up I will not know for sure.
    I have never seen this pattern before. This is solid and was to be used against ships from costal guns, however a couple of larger British ships carried them.

This and one other were found on a porch of a very old house in Quebec and had been there as long as the Family could remember, and a few generations of the family have lived there

You can see one of the lifting "holes" close to the nose, there is one on each side and large "ice" tongs were used to move these around

DEan O
    Canada

110 Pound British/Canadian Armstrong Round110 Pound British/Canadian Armstrong Round110 Pound British/Canadian Armstrong Round110 Pound British/Canadian Armstrong Round

CBH
    ?

Very nice Shell , I believe there are a couple of cannon of this type in the Halifax Citadel .

that looks a lump Dean.

That's a nice door-stop!