Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1937 6 Pdr

Article about: One from my bigger stuff a 6 Pdr case with projectile I re-sprayed the projie after cleaning the surface rust off it came up a treat I do not polish things so I am not guilty as far as the c

Default 1937 6 Pdr

One from my bigger stuff a 6 Pdr case with projectile I re-sprayed the projie after cleaning the surface rust off it came up a treat I do not polish things so I am not guilty as far as the case goes, pretty happy with the case given its a pre-WWII. Took a while to get the case had the projie for couple of years and acquired the case last year. The 303 cartridge on the Rt is for scale.
    Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1937 6 Pdr   1937 6 Pdr  

4md
    ?

Gday CindersII I think the case and projectile could be a miss match. From the pics I have seen of the Naval case you have, the projectile is a bit longer and weighs 6pound 8 cwt. I think your projectile (which is a beauty,by the way, you dont see many unfired ones around) is for the ww2 6 pounder anti tank gun with the longer case. I could be wrong they may have fitted both projectiles to both cases but its definetly something to look at
    Attached Images Attached Images 1937 6 Pdr 

How does one ascertain if they used the projectiles, it would not surprise me they utilized them in both cases. Any forumers out there with information on the rounds to assist it is appreciated by me. TIA
    Last edited by CINDERSII; 09-05-2017 at 03:29 PM.