Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1944 trench art

Article about: Whilst in Normandie earlier this month for the D Day celebrations I was lucky enough to pick up a number of nice shell cases and amongst them was a piece of trench art from ww.2. I was attra

Default 1944 trench art

Whilst in Normandie earlier this month for the D Day celebrations I was lucky enough to pick up a number of nice shell cases and amongst them was a piece of trench art from ww.2. I was attracted to it because I have not seen many ww.2 pieces and it was quite well done and made as a "Souvenir de la bataille de Normandie 1944" which appealed to my sense of the moment.
    Its an attractive piece, and I am sure there are collectors of this sort of thing out there who can say if this sort of trench art was as common in ww.2 as it were in ww.1 or not.
    Anyway thought it was worth showing you.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 trench art   1944 trench art  

1944 trench art   1944 trench art  

Very nicely done!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

That is quite a polish on that!!

?

A real beauty.

Most likely it has been sitting in some Normandie farmhouse fireplace until recently. It will be looking for a new home again soon, when the wife spots it, it will be time to move it on.
    D

Nicely done but I think the Case is US army if so maybe post war work by a pow ?

Its an American shell as far as I can see, anything is possible with trench art.
    D