Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

20 mm shell casing

Article about: Here is a 20mm shell casings retrieved from "The Bulge". This is what I am told. A person I work with lost her husband to a heart attack and she has been clearing things that she d

?

Default 20 mm shell casing

Here is a 20mm shell casings retrieved from "The Bulge". This is what I am told. A person I work with lost her husband to a heart attack and she has been clearing things that she does not want and came across three 20mm shell casings. She told me her husband knew a teacher in Belgium who did some digging now and then and came across these shells. I have no reason to doubt her story but there it is.
    Anway, I have no idea what weapon fired these types of shells during that period (anti-aircraft?) so any information you might have would be applauded and stored away in my brain. Thanks and prost!
    Also-I have my dinner next to a shell for size reference.

20 mm shell casing20 mm shell casing20 mm shell casing20 mm shell casing20 mm shell casing20 mm shell casing20 mm shell casing20 mm shell casing

?

Default Re: 20 mm shell casing

Hi,if the length of the case is 110mm it`s a 20mm Hispano case used in various aircraft and AA guns.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 20 mm shell casing  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Zwerge, thank you for your incredibly swift response. I appreciate it! I do not know the measurement of the shell but I will use your info tomorrow to check it out. The next brew is for you.

?

I think this is a 20mmx103mm vulcan case,which would be after WW2.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Yes, it appears to be post war.