Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

25LB MK2? Canadian Howitzer Shell?? safe?

Article about: Hi Looking for some help please. I have been trying to identify this shell and also (because i'm paranoid) confirm that it's safe?? I believe from research that it might be a 25lb MK2 Canadi

Marrgon
    ?

Default 25LB MK2? Canadian Howitzer Shell?? safe?

Hi

Looking for some help please. I have been trying to identify this shell and also (because i'm paranoid) confirm that it's safe??

I believe from research that it might be a 25lb MK2 Canadian Howitzer shell however I could be far out. It's for my little brother and I'd love to be able to identify correctly. He has a growing passion for WW1/WW2 military items.

Any help would be very much appreciated

The case it totally empty and says the following on the bottom 25 PR LOT 2447 1941 CF RLB. MK2 SH&S 53 CO 127 H CY 2/53 O

25LB MK2? Canadian Howitzer Shell?? safe?25LB MK2? Canadian Howitzer Shell?? safe?25LB MK2? Canadian Howitzer Shell?? safe?

It is indeed a 25lber, and appears to be a base ejecting smoke round. This had three smoke canisters in it which were ejected when the burster charge ignited, leaving a nice hollow projectile. Check the nose fuze as this should also be marked. It is perfectly safe and contains no explosives at all.

Marrgon
    ?

Thank you very much It's amazingly hard to just google this stuff, lucky there are experts like yourself!!

The iron harvester
    ?

Either smoke or chemical fill. Fuze looks to be a No 230.