Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2cm AP-T Round

Article about: Hello folks. I've finally joined the forum's 20mm Club! I've been putting off purchasing one of these for a long time, but after picking up a few Hispano shells last year my appetite for 20m

Default 2cm AP-T Round

Hello folks.

I've finally joined the forum's 20mm Club!

I've been putting off purchasing one of these for a long time, but after picking up a few Hispano shells last year my appetite for 20mm rounds grew, and I decided to add a couple of German 2cm rounds to the collection. This is the first of two. The other is a 'HE-T' (High Explosive Tracer) round.

This example is an 'AP-T' (Armor-Piercing Tracer) round, with the tracer element being denoted by the red band around the base of the projectile. The projectile is unfired, and fitted to a 1944-dated lacquered steel casing. I've always loved the colour of these German lacquered shells!

2cm AP-T Round2cm AP-T Round2cm AP-T Round

Regards, B.B.

?

Very nice Brodie for your first one!!!

I’m actually quite intrigued by this example. Both are makers I am pretty sure I have not encountered before on 20mms.

None of my AP rounds have the maker cts ( Märkisches Werk, H. Wilmsmann Gmbh) on the projectile

However the casing is WG ( HASAG Hugo Schneider) and they usually used the mark WA, well at least all of my rounds have WA

So that’s pretty cool! I may try make a dedicated thread to all the different makers of 20mm shells...

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Very nice Brodie for your first one!!!

I’m actually quite intrigued by this example. Both are makers I am pretty sure I have not encountered before on 20mms.

None of my AP rounds have the maker cts ( Märkisches Werk, H. Wilmsmann Gmbh) on the projectile

However the casing is WG ( HASAG Hugo Schneider) and they usually used the mark WA, well at least all of my rounds have WA

So that’s pretty cool! I may try make a dedicated thread to all the different makers of 20mm shells...
    If it's one you haven't seen before, I certainly have done well for my first 20mm! I'm not sure if the projectile is original to the casing, though. Is there any meaning to the blue paint around the primer?

B.B.

?

I will be honest and say I am not sure. Only 1 of my 20mm shells has paint around it’s primer. It’s a WA case but it’s a red ring.

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    I will be honest and say I am not sure. Only 1 of my 20mm shells has paint around it’s primer. It’s a WA case but it’s a red ring.
    A way of waterproofing the primer, perhaps? I've seen them in green as well. Definitely nothing to do with the shell's type or contents.

B.B.

3 with black paint around the primer, in the last photo is the middle one.
    Regards, Aghs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2cm AP-T Round   2cm AP-T Round  

2cm AP-T Round