Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

30 cal ammo belts

Article about: Well, look what I found in my attic that I had totally forgotten about. My dad had these for years and gave them to me a few years back when he was cleaning out some closets. I don't know ho

Default 30 cal ammo belts

Well, look what I found in my attic that I had totally forgotten about. My dad had these for years and gave them to me a few years back when he was cleaning out some closets. I don't know how old they are but they're cool. One of belts has ammo with red line around the primer. Any significance there? If anyone has any idea what era these might be from I would like to know. Thanks

PS: Apologies on the quality of the pics. All I have is my iPhone camera right now.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 30 cal ammo belts   30 cal ammo belts  

30 cal ammo belts  

Default Re: 30 cal ammo belts

The red stuff is a sealant to help keep the moisture out. Looks like a Lake City headstamp(LC), can't quite make out the dates, but it looks like '68? M60 disintegrating links, blank 7.62x51. I have one I put together with live rounds and tracers. I still have a bunch of the links sitting around somewhere. I'm not sure what year they went to a nato round, I don't see the NATO marking on the case head.

Here are some closer pics. Thanks for the info so far!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 30 cal ammo belts   30 cal ammo belts  

?

H these look like they are still "live" blanks..if you know what I mean??..They can still go bang...about a hundred times lol...So just be a little careful..& I agree with Paul 7.62 mm but I haven't a clue on the maker? If they were British I might be able to help you a tad...Cheers Terry.

?

Looks like a mix of Lake City 1968, 1978, and 1981 dated blank cartridges on a M60 MG belt.
    Regards,
    John

Quote by Tango View Post
    H these look like they are still "live" blanks..if you know what I mean??..They can still go bang...about a hundred times lol...So just be a little careful..& I agree with Paul 7.62 mm but I haven't a clue on the maker? If they were British I might be able to help you a tad...Cheers Terry.
    I already tried beating them with a hammer but nothing happened

?

A bigger hammer is required lol...Cheers Terry.

Very nice belts I too have a belt of these blanks. Nice find!

Nice random find in the attic mate, now you just need an M60 to pop them

They must not have added the NATO marking to blanks, I have some LC 84 5.56 blanks and they lack the cross in the circle as well. It's been awhile (23 years) forgot that about the blanks I guess, I was assuming that all military ammo had that. Getting older isn't as much fun as my parents made it out to be lol as long as I don't forget where I live, I'm ok