Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

5 cm Granatwerfer 36 round, is the price right?

Article about: Hi all, Annoyed from this ads?   Have the opportunity to buy this German 5cm mortar bomb, seller is asking \\$236US for it. Here is his description: "WW2 German 5cm mortar bomb 1941.

?

Default 5 cm Granatwerfer 36 round, is the price right?

Hi all,

Have the opportunity to buy this German 5cm mortar bomb, seller is asking $236US for it. Here is his description:

"WW2 German 5cm mortar bomb 1941. This is probably the best condition one I have ever seen. It still has original paint on it and some of the painted markings 14 AW 26.5 is what I can make out. Stamped in the body of the mortar 14 Aw5 41 gk10 a. stamped on the tail 41gkc. And complete with it's 1943 fuze also stamped Wgr Zt reh 43 228. Threads are perfect. This is a great example."

Worth the asking price? Thanks in advance.

Lightbulb

It's entirely up to you as to how much you want it, but I paid £25 for my identical one at a UK militaria fair a few years back. OK, they've gone up in value since, but at European Fairs ( eg La Gleize ) similar ones seem to be selling for around E50-E75. They are still quite easy to find in Europe ; the 8cm mortar rounds OTOH are getting quite scarce.......

?

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    It's entirely up to you as to how much you want it, but I paid £25 for my identical one at a UK militaria fair a few years back. OK, they've gone up in value since, but at European Fairs ( eg La Gleize ) similar ones seem to be selling for around E50-E75. They are still quite easy to find in Europe ; the 8cm mortar rounds OTOH are getting quite scarce.......
    Thanks for your input, yes $300NZ feels a little on the high side to me. Will hold off and see what the seller does down the track once relisted if it doesn't sell. If it hits the $200NZ mark I'll be in for sure.

phew to much.

?

Thumbs down

More accurately that is a ridiculous price!!!
    Sarge

?

Quote by Sarge View Post
    More accurately that is a ridiculous price!!!
    Sarge
    No surprise there are no bids on it, thanks for your valuations guys....much appreciated. New to ordnance collecting.