Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

8,8 cm Flak (shell & casing)

Article about: Bought this shell & casing quite some years ago. One of my first items i bought in fact. Its an 88cm Flak casing & projectile The casing is in steel I believe. And the projectile is

Default Re: 8,8 cm Flak (shell & casing)

what is the significance of the atr marking,,,were they involved in the fuze production,final finishing of the case,or what???...thanks,,Robert

trustno1
    ?

Cool Re: 8,8 cm Flak (shell & casing)

Thanks...
    I would post some pictures but I cant find usb cabel from my camera.

trustno1
    ?

This is what I was talkin about. Police just unscreved fuses and left them on the bottom. Can them explode if i move them or is it safe? And the last picture. I found it a few meters avay? Is this a part of the fuse or?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 8,8 cm Flak (shell & casing)   8,8 cm Flak (shell & casing)  

?

Well unfortunately the most dangerous bit, the gaine, is attached to the underside of the fuse, which isn't visible- so it's impossible to say whether or not this stuff is still quite dangerous. And that small round object doesn't look like any munitions component I'm familiar with- I'd think it was an electrical connector or something with those projecting pins and the threaded base.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Quote by militarymania View Post
    what is the significance of the atr marking,,,were they involved in the fuze production,final finishing of the case,or what???...thanks,,Robert
    atr 42 is the case manufacturer and year. The other code at 12 o'clock IIRC is the company responsible for loading the round (so it's only present when that's someone different). These are fuzed in the field so are shipped with a bakelite screw cap on the end of the shell. The fuzes themselves have bakelite containers and are supplied separately (for obvious reasons )
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Here's my complete ex-Finnish Flak88 with complete fuse, standing next to my 88mm WW1 U-Boat deck cannon shell

Regards to all, Simon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 8,8 cm Flak (shell & casing)  

8,8 cm Flak (shell & casing)8,8 cm Flak (shell & casing)Hello

Does anybody know what is this??? I found this among ww2 flakk 88 shells and casings underwater.

- - ------- - -

Very heavy, but shell is thin and when you open it on top is some kind of fabric pressed together. It is 88mm in diameter. Maybe some kind of iluminating shell with parashute?? ����

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2