Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

88 mm Tiger 1 shell and HE projectile.

Article about: This is a put together round as the dares don’t match. 88 mm steel case, electric prime for panzer use and a III marked he projectile for standard weight. It is next to a US 75 mm howitzer d

Default 88 mm Tiger 1 shell and HE projectile.

This is a put together round as the dares don’t match. 88 mm steel case, electric prime for panzer use and a III marked he projectile for standard weight. It is next to a US 75 mm howitzer drill round.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 88 mm Tiger 1 shell and  HE projectile.   88 mm Tiger 1 shell and  HE projectile.  

88 mm Tiger 1 shell and  HE projectile.   88 mm Tiger 1 shell and  HE projectile.  

88 mm Tiger 1 shell and  HE projectile.   88 mm Tiger 1 shell and  HE projectile.  

You would have to be a fit young man to get that into the breech of a Tiger in the confines of the turret and under battle conditions as the breech of the 88 took up allot of room inside the turret itself. Very nice round one of my bucket lists to obtain I saw a complete PzGr 40 APCR 10 years ago at a Mil fair in Perth they wanted $1000/Au for it then now in that condition it would be 3 times that amount. Nice, I am green with envy.

?

I almost bought a 88mm recently. Ended up getting a kwk40 75mm in better nick. Currently restoring it though.

Really nice shell btw!

Really cool shell you have there - as Cinders says, it would be hard work loading this. The Tiger carried 92 rounds when full, in side panniers in the hull - some being quite deep inside. In the sweltering heat of the Russian summer or in Africa this would be a difficult job to put it mildly.
    Nick

Default Tiger in the room.

My poor old Tamiya 1/35 Tiger built by me in 1990 did the Zimmerit and air brushed, it has battle damage from a few moves and has collected dust I did buy some 1/35 shells for it the Commanders turret MG 42 disappeared long ago along with the bow one.
    The hardest part of that model were the tracks all individual links on the runners to cut off 99 one side 98 the other all had to be glued together and put in place before the glue dried you got 1 shot at it, it has a bit of barrel droop due to heavy engagements against moths enemies of my library.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 88 mm Tiger 1 shell and  HE projectile.   88 mm Tiger 1 shell and  HE projectile.  

88 mm Tiger 1 shell and  HE projectile.  

Quote by CINDERSII View Post
    My poor old Tamiya 1/35 Tiger built by me in 1990 did the Zimmerit and air brushed, it has battle damage from a few moves and has collected dust I did buy some 1/35 shells for it the Commanders turret MG 42 disappeared long ago along with the bow one.
    The hardest part of that model were the tracks all individual links on the runners to cut off 99 one side 98 the other all had to be glued together and put in place before the glue dried you got 1 shot at it, it has a bit of barrel droop due to heavy engagements against moths enemies of my library.....
    Love it! I found my old models from 1985-1990 in the attic of my parents house. Nearly all were WW2 aircraft. I decided they were beyond saving but it brought back some good memories. I also went the extra mile with painting inside the cockpit, the pilots etc... Never got the air-gun though.
    I'm seriously thinking of getting back in to it. I would start with a Panzer IV or StuG III.
    Nick

....ah...Airfix (other brands are available) aircraft kits......loved 'em.......trouble was that however much time I spent getting the outside looking great I always had a grey pilot cos I forgot to paint him in the rush to finish the plane!

Used to build the models but discovered diecast and never looked back!