Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

9mm? WW2 found in UK

Article about: I thought these would be .45 thinking that is what the UK would use in this size, but these look to be 9mm and dated 194x. Are they 9mm and where where they used Allan

?

Default 9mm? WW2 found in UK

I thought these would be .45 thinking that is what the UK would use in this size, but these look to be 9mm and dated 194x. Are they 9mm and where where they used
    9mm? WW2 found in UK

Allan

Default Re: 9mm? WW2 found in UK

Hi
    the old Stengun was 9mm, so they are most likely for that and being dated 194-, also the luger is 9mm, you would have to look at the head stamp and see the marks to find where they came from, were they dug up ect.
    Dave.
    Last edited by Panzer 3; 03-03-2013 at 08:28 PM.

9mm was used in many UK weapons up until modern times, During the 80's two of my personal weapons were the Stirling sub machine gun 9mm and the browning Hi power 9mm both standard uk forces weapons.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The headstamp will tell you all you need to know about these rounds. Give the base of the cartridges a good scrub and you will be able to read it. If they are WW2 dated, they will be from a Sten gun or possibly a pistol, (as noted above). Please also note that possession of live ammunition, regardless of its age and where you got it from, is illegal without the appropriate licence.

Here is a thread to help you with the ID of the rounds.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ordin...adstamps-5718/

Steve T

?

Head stamps very corroded, BAE or "BAN 43" where A is upside down arrow ? maybe. also found 303 stamped "RG 43 11A", "K1942 CII" and "1943 II"

?

Steve - if I have found it and it is illegal to posses, what do I do with it? Allan

It will be B ^ E, not BAE. Royal Ordnance Factory, Blackpole, UK.

Your 303s...... RG is Radway Green and it will be VII not IIA. VII is for mark 7. The K coding is Kynoch (ICI), Check the other markings as I suspect they will all be VII.

- - Updated - -

Sorry...just saw your other post. Only option is to hand them in to the local police station I'm afraid.

?

Steve, thanks. Can i deactivate them and Keep them? Any licensed collectors want them ? Allan

I am afraid I cannot advise you to de-act them allan as that is also illegal without the appropriate licence. However, what I will say is what you do with them is your business, not mine/ours. We can just advise on the legal side of things, we can't be responsible for what you do with that advice.

Hi Allan. the 'correct' thing to do would be to hand them in at your local Police station explaining how you found them, as already mentioned if you dont have a UK firearms certificate specifically allowing you to 'Acquire and Keep' specific ammunition you are running the risk of serious trouble, I am a shooter and reloader with a UK FAC and seriously I would try and locate a local firearms dealer and get him to take them off your hands.

Phil
    Last edited by Steve T; 03-03-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast