Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ammo clip help

Article about: Hi guys I have been given a clip of ammo and was wondering if anyone could help tell me if its live or not ? Annoyed from this ads?   Please see pics

Quote by zwerge View Post
    You were born at an arsenal? You son of a gun!!!!!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Well not literally but in the Borough,hence why im a life long Gooner fan.............

Quote by Gouldy View Post
    Brilliant thanks guys .
    I'm away on work at the moment but just looking at the pics it looks like there is a bit of red paint in the fluted bit

- - ------- - -

Letters are R L , and D VI
    Yup, the .303 fluted drill rounds I've seen seem to have red paint in the fluted bits though quite often it's worn away. I don't know if they all started off with the paint but some certainly did. I've a couple here somewhere and they have the red paint.

?

Thanks for the info guys muh appreciated

?

These are MkVI drill rounds "Cartridge S.A.Dummy Drill .303 inch Mark VI" manufactured sometime between 1928 and 1941 when they were declared obsolete. There is no way of telling the date but the "D" was added from 1928. these were used all through WWII. Although the red paint has rubbed off the round in the photo is in good condition it has not been used much you can tell this by the bullet base not having lots of marks from the extractor in the rifles.

Very nice

Rich.

4md
    ?

Nice dummy round in good condition, heres a few pics of mine which are well used
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ammo clip help   Ammo clip help  

Jake is a Gunner he knows his onions alright,
    ps totally agree on the dummy bullet and it is a good job the UK is not the best place to have live rounds knocking about.

?

1926 dated MkVI drill rounds manufactured at the Small Arms Ammunition Factory No.1 Footscray, Australia, this is the 1st year of production for this headstamp as well so a very nice set even if they are well used. The more they were used the more history they have with them.

The charger is the wrong one though, this one was made after 1945 you can tell by the stamp it is a Mk4 stamp which was introduced in 1945 before 45 it would have been a MkIV stamp. yours was made by Thomas French & Son's "TF&S"

cheers
    Rich

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2