Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arranging my Balls, my Cannonballs that is!!!!!

Article about: Well I thought it time to arrange my Cannonballs, they range from less than 1 pound to 64 pounds, all but a couple are solid shot, I am now trying to find Hollow ( Shrapnel or Shell Balls) C

?

Default Arranging my Balls, my Cannonballs that is!!!!!

Well I thought it time to arrange my Cannonballs, they range from less than 1 pound to 64 pounds, all but a couple are solid shot, I am now trying to find Hollow ( Shrapnel or Shell Balls) Cannonballs.
    I have dug some of these myself, and as I know the battle they were used in, and have found out who had what, I can tell weather they are British or French, the 1 pounders are usually case shot, however none of this was used at the battle some of these came from, instead they had small cannon on the front of the Batteau, used by both sides, many were 1 pounders.
    The rarest Cannonball is in the front row of the enclosed shelf, it is made of copper or brass, hand made.
    Even the 2 Leather flying helmets are on Cannonballs...when will it end!!!! LOL

Dean O
    Ajax Canada
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arranging my Balls, my Cannonballs that is!!!!!   Arranging my Balls, my Cannonballs that is!!!!!  

Arranging my Balls, my Cannonballs that is!!!!!  

?

Nice collection of balls Dean LOL sorry I couldn't resist you left your self open for that one.

Regards Mark

?

You have very nice BALLS and more than 2
    I guess this must be one of your favorite songs.
    acdc-big balls - YouTube
    Excellent display.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I Ment too! If you cannot laugh at yourself, then you should not laugh at anyone else!!!

Dean O

Would of been one for the now Defunct thread...." I Hate When that Happens" ...seeing Deans Balls displayed out like that.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

WOW , your balls are fantastic , I bet you make the girls blush!! Leon.

?

I didn't think I'd ever say these words but, my you have nice balls.

?

I am very happy everyone is getting their licks in...maybe I should not have used that term!!!! LOL Keep it up!!

Thank Goodness the Girlfriend left for Florida this morning, if she saw this thread she might start to wonder!!! LOL

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

War of 1812? I can tell if they are British or american as well if you ever find any 1812.
    Nice balls,
    Beau

How can you tell the solid shot balls from the hollow? Just by weight or is the hollow ball plug obvious?

I only ask becasue of a story I read awhile ago where a fellow created a fireplace guard from some cannon balls and missed the fact one or two were hollow and wouldn't you know it, he fired the fireplace up, warming his balls nicley then BLAMMO...no living room and no cannonball collector.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast