Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Artillery Fuse Identification

Article about: Hello all, I'm volunteering at the royal fusiliers museum digging through their archives and we found a bag filled with artillery fuses - I was wondering if anyone could identify them? http:

Fennius
    ?

Default Artillery Fuse Identification

Hello all, I'm volunteering at the royal fusiliers museum digging through their archives and we found a bag filled with artillery fuses - I was wondering if anyone could identify them?
    http://db.tt/deC4RdG7

The first is explicitly a WWI German one and there's also some sort of trench Fragmentation mortar thingy.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Please use the forum's uploader to add your pics as the link does not work and we discourage outside hosting sites.

Thanks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have been able to see your pictures. Unfortunately WW1 fuzes are outside of my area of expertise, but all appear to be easy to identify using the following resource.....

Passion & Compassion 1914-1918 : WW1 militaria and technical documentation - artillery fuzes

.....and clicking on the relevant link to the right of the screen.

At least one of your fuzes is English as it is stamped R^L, which I believe pertains to the Royal Labs, Woolwich, the arrow being the War Dept stamp.

Cheers

Steve T