Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Berlin panzerfaust

Article about: One wonders who's hands last held this thing when it was "alive and firing". Some young Hitler Youth firing at a Soviet T-34? Or some grey haired old crippled man leaning over a pi

Default Berlin panzerfaust

G'day all,
    Got this fantastic panzerfaust tube in the post yesterday! I'm really pleased with this, it is very solid beneath the rust so I'm going to give it a bit of a clean up with a wire brush, then I'm off down to the local hardware store (bunnings) to buy a plastic tub and a few other things and I'm going to make up an electrolysis bath for it to remove the really bad corrosion. I'm especially pleased with this as it was found just 3 Kms from the reich chancellery! Will attach a couple of pics now and a few once it has come out of the electrolysis bath.
    Cheers,
    Dave.Berlin panzerfaustBerlin panzerfaustBerlin panzerfaust

?

Neat piece.

?

"it was found just 3 Kms from the reich chancellery!"
    That is very cool. I look forward to seeing the post clean up pic's.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Nice pick up Dave I have always been intrigued by the Panzerfaust they are so simplistic in there design and in the right hands a very deadly weapon you must be stoked it was found so close to the Reich Chancellery building.

Regards Mark

Nice one Dave!

Cheers boys, yes, I was really pleased to know where it was found.

If only you could have seen what the last soldier to hold it saw! There is an amazing story to this one, told in the last days of the war, and now lost to history.

Just did a quick clean up with the wire brush to remove the worst of the rust, it came up pretty well I think. Now I have to make up the electrolysis bath, I'll see how I go!Berlin panzerfaustBerlin panzerfaustBerlin panzerfaust

Very cool!!

Berlin panzerfaustA very temporary electrolysis bath!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast