Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Berlin panzerfaust

Article about: One wonders who's hands last held this thing when it was "alive and firing". Some young Hitler Youth firing at a Soviet T-34? Or some grey haired old crippled man leaning over a pi

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Glenn, I have been extremely lucky to have found a bloke with an equally strong fascination with the battle of Berlin as I have. He is in Berlin almost monthly and knows several blokes on various construction sites in the city. That is how I can pinpoint where these things come from, I have spoken to this fella on the phone and he is a genuine collector like us. He is only interested in Berlin though, he doesn't collect anything that hasn't come from there.
    Lucky indeed, good for you!

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hi Dave, I only have these bits ( trigger & sight ) from a '60' but I still love 'em!
    Panzerfaust relic parts
    I was thinking of making up a tube just to display them? All of these are pretty thin on the ground here in Oz!

I dig yours better though.
    Cheers, Dan
    Just had a look Dan, at least you've got some paint on it mate! The sights seem to be in great condition, do you have any idea where they were found?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Just had a look Dan, at least you've got some paint on it mate! The sights seem to be in great condition, do you have any idea where they were found?
    Yeah, some OT and the blurred 'Feuer' stamp too! It was an Ebay purchase back in March - out of Latvia ( no back story sadly )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Well gents, four months after it was posted the projectile has arrived! It is now totally inert, there is nothing left in the head. Although it is badly corroded I am wrapt to have it, knowing where it was unearthed gives it fantastic provenance. Now to work out a way to display it, not a bad problem to have, there can't be many of these complete like this in Oz especially with its discovery position pinpointed like that.Berlin panzerfaustBerlin panzerfaustBerlin panzerfaust

Looks Great Dave you're very lucky to get it into OZ, well here in VIC customs would have snagged it!

Thanks Rene, it was sent via sea mail but I'm still lucky to have got it in - I certainly didn't expect it to get here and I was happy just to have the tube but having a complete one like this is fantastic.

It is a great piece! are ya going to paint it up or leave it as is?

Probably paint it with a rust inhibitor and leave it at that. I'll set up a display with a map showing where it was found and maybe a period pic of one being used in Berlin. Should look alright I reckon!

Make sure you dip it into inhibitor

Good point mate, that way I'll get it treated inside and out. Cheers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast