Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Berlin panzerfaust

Article about: One wonders who's hands last held this thing when it was "alive and firing". Some young Hitler Youth firing at a Soviet T-34? Or some grey haired old crippled man leaning over a pi

Is the warhead original to the tube?

Yes mate, it was found together.

Outstanding.

Hey dave, careful of antirust products that convert to a ferrous phosphate.
    It will make the metal go black!!
    Electrolysis is another option but does strip some metal in the process.
    For my money good old stinky molasses is the best if you can stand the pong.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I don't think I'll drop the head into an electrolysis tank as it's pretty badly corroded and I don't want to lose any of the metal that is left. I know the rust converter stuff does turn the parts quite dark but I don't mind the result, I painted it onto my relic helmet from near the Reichstag and I reckon that came up looking pretty good and it has certainly stopped any more rust from flaking off.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    This is a map of where it was found, in the satellite pic you can see the exact building site where it was unearthed. This is what really appealed to me about it, knowing how close it was found to the Chancellery, I just think it's great!Attachment 702784Attachment 702785Attachment 702786
    Wow found on the junction of Lützowstrasse and Flottwellstrasse, i've walked along Lützowstrasse many times as we used to stay in a hotel about half a km away, it's amazing to thing what is still beneath your feet in Berlin!...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5