Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Big rocket found on Eastern Front

Article about: Note:- The photo of one attached to the PAK has a striker that protrudes quite a way out, yet the one you show dug up has the striker pushed in, therefore i would suggest its primed and for

?

Default Big rocket found on Eastern Front

Hello guys,

I just found this interesting piece of ordnance on the Eastern Front a few days ago. The question is what is it? One user suggests it's from the sdkfz 251 halftrack. I think it look a little too big though. Pic can be seen on page 6 in my digging thread of the sdkfz 251 halftrack with rockets.

Here it is. Sorry i forgot a to put something in for size comparison.

Big rocket found on Eastern Front Big rocket found on Eastern Front

Default Re: Big rocket found on Eastern Front

No idea what it is but I wish it was sitting in my living room. Nice find!

?

German M41 mortar round, I believe.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

It's a Stielgranate 41 shaped charge that was fired from a pak 36. It was used to upgrade the performance of the anti tank gun as it was rather under powered. The anti tank gun was also fitted to half tracks. Check it out on wiki..

?

Super. I could only find a German M42 minenwerfer and the rounds does not look like the one i found. This is definitely the one. When i looked at out there i also thought it looked a bit like the "Panzerfaust".

Nice one mate

?

I stand corrected.

Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Big rocket found on Eastern Front  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

No problem mate

Cheers

?

Last time i saw one of these for sale, they were far from cheap. It would be nice if this could be carefully restored, emptied for dangerous content and placed in an collection.

Ah! I knew I had seen it before somewhere. Now all you need to do is go get it mate

?

I guess that i have to do so We will go out soon again hopefully. It looks like a relatively simple construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast