Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bomb parts?

Article about: Hi, I've found these 3 parts last week. I found those parts all near each other so I think they might be of the same projectile. That's why I post it in 1 forumthread. I gave the objects nam

Default Bomb parts?

Hi,

I've found these 3 parts last week. I found those parts all near each other so I think they might be of the same projectile. That's why I post it in 1 forumthread.
    I gave the objects names: A, B and C:

A: 3,3 cm diameter on the bottom, 1,1 cm at the top hole. Height: 1,7 cm. At the side of the bottom there's signs of "screw thread" < correct me if my English is bad there please.

B: 3,4 cm diameter, 1,6 cm diameter middle hole. The two holes at the sides have a 0,3 cm diameter. Also screw thread on the side.

C: 2,5 cm diameter of the hole. The hole also has screw thread on the inside. Thickness of metal: 0,6 cm.

I really hope if someone can identify these parts for me, so I know if they belong together or not.

With kind regards,

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bomb parts?   Bomb parts?  

Bomb parts?   Bomb parts?  

Bomb parts?  

?

Looks more like artillery parts to me, rather than Bomb parts

The wall of the fragment is thicker than a bomb would be as well the Dia is Smaller

Just my thoughts.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Quote by CampX View Post
    Looks more like artillery parts to me, rather than Bomb parts

The wall of the fragment is thicker than a bomb would be as well the Dia is Smaller

Just my thoughts.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada
    The bombs I work with are much thicker cased than that and as Dean has said, much, much larger in diameter. It looks like a HE Artillery shell.

?

Part A looks like part of a Mills Grenade

Which part of the mills grenade are you thinking of? I thought maybe part B is a base plug of a mills grenade? I really don't know..

?

I think its part of the anvil that holds the cap and saftey fuse.

John

Part C looks to have a threat for a fuze and space for a fuze cavity. Definitely looks to be part of an artillery shell.

Harry

?

Bomb parts?Bomb parts?Bomb parts?

"A "looks like a few dug up bases of Center tubes I have from blown M-36 Mills, this is the bottom or anvil of the center tube.
    The Center tube screws into the bottom of the M 36 and contains the J fuse that sets of the Grenade.
    Photos show a mint center tube, you can see what it would have looked like before the Grenade blew

Just My Thoughts

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Thanks for the replies.

I think you could be right there CampX, it sure looks like that part! Could "B" be a baseplug? It looks like it to me, but I can't find an example that looks exactly the same.

Quote by Harry Davey View Post
    Part C looks to have a threat for a fuze and space for a fuze cavity. Definitely looks to be part of an artillery shell.

Harry
    Could the diameter of the thread give me an indication to which artillery shell it belonged?

?

I don't think "B" is a base plug as when they blow out, it may damage the threads, but all I have ever seen come out complete, this looks more like something from the front of an Artillery round...but that's just a guess.

Dean O

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast