Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Brennzünder 39

Article about: Hi folks, I am in the process of putting together the parts to make a complete (inert) M24 stick grenade. I purchased this igniter and pull cord from SV Militaria and I want to make sure I h

Default Brennzünder 39

Hi folks, I am in the process of putting together the parts to make a complete (inert) M24 stick grenade. I purchased this igniter and pull cord from SV Militaria and I want to make sure I have the correct type. I have identified it as a Bz 39 type used in stick hand grenades. I know there is a variant for Nebel or smoke grenades. This appears to be the correct type to pair up with an M24. It will be matched up with the stick portion shown here and a Winter type cap. Comments appreciated. Still working on locating an inert head piece. NH

Brennzünder 39

Brennzünder 39

No comments. I did some more research and this is correct for the grenade. One question I have is how to connect the pull wire to the aluminum tube? NH

?

Does this help? Handgranaten

This site is good but I think the first link shows the details Brennzünder 39

A better pic http://www.lexpev.nl/images/bz39drawing.jpg

Tony

Hi Neil there should a small loop coming out of the bottom of the aluminum tube its normally just a thin wire and one of the reason most are missing from the igniter as they break off quite easily

Thanks guys. Tony - the first link you posted shows the correct model for grenades. The second one is for smoke grenades. It is confirmed that I have a correct type. The smoke grenade fuse was modified and appears a bit different. Kradman - the wire I have seems to be totally intact. It is misshapen a bit but looks to be complete. I don't think I will attempt to insert it into the fuse so that it remains intact. NH

?

I didn't know the HG 24 cans used to have a loop on them and have only just noticed it in the diagram.

Hi.. .these carry loops were stopped afte a while I think late 1920's or so. And that's a lovley stick, youll need a early can with good stenciling to pair it up with like these ones.
    Hard to find these days but they do turn up, even a plain can will be fine, they stopped the stenciling in mid 1940.

Hope this helps ?

Kind Regards nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brennzünder 39   Brennzünder 39