Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British 250 Lbs bomb

Article about: Hello I'm looking for these bomb parts to display an 250 Lbs GP in a Museum . I have got the main body of the bomb,and I'm looking for a specific tail,and over all , a nose fuse such as N° 2

Default British 250 Lbs bomb

Hello

I'm looking for these bomb parts to display an 250 Lbs GP in a Museum .
    I have got the main body of the bomb,and I'm looking for a specific tail,and over all , a nose fuse such as N° 27 or 42
    With the Museum;I've got enough money to complete this stuff.
    Please help us in this project.
    Thanks so muchBritish 250 Lbs bombBritish 250 Lbs bomb

Part 2

I forgot to say that I'm looking for any color pics about these 250 Lbs,to know the right color and all the marks written on it.
    Thanks again

Contact the RAF Armourers and if it is an official museum they will probably help!

Thanks for your answer.The Museum is a little one.It's "Musée de la Résistance" in Toulouse city,in France.I try to help them,step by step,since few years ago.In memory of all people died for freedom.
    I think,it'll be very difficult for us to contact this organisation.
    Since a long time,I find items on web site and with kind collectors.

Thanks so much

- - ------- - -

Thanks for your answer.The Museum is a little one.It's "Musée de la Résistance" in Toulouse city,in France.I try to help them,step by step,since few years ago.In memory of all people died for freedom.
    I think,it'll be very difficult for us to contact this organisation.
    Since a long time,I find items on web site and with kind collectors.

Thanks so much

Here is a link to a branch of the Royal Airforce Association specifically for armourers. They may be able to give you some advice if you contact them and explain about the museum and what you are trying to do.

https://www.rafa.org.uk/what-we-do/n...mourers-branch

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

CBH
    ?

I have a copy of the Bomb Components manual (1943) , it shows the fuse you have but no color photos . I'd be willing to part with it if it helps , and you have a good trade . Good luck either way .

Hi Watchdog

Thanks for the link.I'll speak about with the Museum staff.
    All the best.

jl

Hello CBH

Thanks for your help in my quest.Sure,I apreciate so much any documentation about this British bomb.
    Thanks for your kind wishes.

All the best

jluc