Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British aerial bombs

Article about: Hello, I will be attending an auction that has 2 aerial British bombs that will be for sale. I wish I could post pictures but I cannot copy off of the auctioneers website. I called the aucti

Default British aerial bombs

Hello, I will be attending an auction that has 2 aerial British bombs that will be for sale. I wish I could post pictures but I cannot copy off of the auctioneers website. I called the auctioneer and there are no serial numbers at all. They look to be about 2 1/2 feet long, maybe 4-5 inches around, and they do have the rear fin as an aerial bomb would. They also said they were 119 pound bombs, which I take were when they were live. Does anyone have thoughts on what they might be worth? I know my description is terrible but any ideas would really help. Thanks!

Default Re: British aerial bombs

They sound like practice bombs from there size so I'd imagine there 14Kgs or 28lb practice bombs. Can you post a link to the site, or PM the auction and I'll let you know.

Hello and thanks for your reply. I cannot get the pics to load so please go to Great Plains Realty and Auctions Nebraska and click on up coming auctions. Scroll down to the auction on November 7th and it should read estste sale rescheduled. Scroll down through the pics and you will see 2 of the bombs, pictures 9 and 10. Also look at picture 16, which has helmets as well. Any idea of what they are and what the value would be would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone wants me to bid on the Elvis bust, let me know!! Thanks!

?

Are those actually data plates on the sides? If so, they'll tell all about the pieces and they're likely not combat bombs.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

The helmets look like typical 'Tommy' helmets. In that condition I wouldn't pay more than $10 each. For a bulk buy like that thought, I wouldn't even pay that. $60 the lot would be my max.

And the bombs don't look like anything I've ever seen before.

Steve T

I agree with M3, those look like practice bombs.

Thanks

Danny

looks like an elvis bomb too, nice practice bombs used for target training