Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Flare cartridge tin

Article about: Hi Guys, a small item from my collection. A 1945 dated ammo tin for Flare pistol cartridges. Sadly empty. 6 Signals, Double Star, Yellow, Mark I. The maker of the tin was the Metal Box Compa

Default British Flare cartridge tin

Hi Guys, a small item from my collection. A 1945 dated ammo tin for Flare pistol cartridges. Sadly empty.

6 Signals, Double Star, Yellow, Mark I.

The maker of the tin was the Metal Box Company "MB". Each of their factories had a number code.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Flare cartridge tin   British Flare cartridge tin  

Attached Images Attached Images British Flare cartridge tin 

Default Re: British Flare cartridge tin

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Guys, a small item from my collection. A 1945 dated ammo tin for Flare pistol cartridges. Sadly empty.

6 Signals, Double Star, Yellow, Mark I.

The maker of the tin was the Metal Box Company "MB". Each of their factories had a number code.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thats a nice little item there Ade, and ive not seen one of those WW2 types before! I have a later version as used in 1982 Falklands War. Nice one! Regards, Tim.

Ade, do you need any flares to go inside your tin, as I have some spare?
    Regards to all, Simon.

ILH
    ?

Hi Ade,
    nice tin. Do you have any further details on MBco? I understand that the Company was based in Abingdon (Oxfordshire, UK) but had small workshops all over the local area- One of the RMARG members has been trying to track them all down and would be over the moon if you can help?

No worries if you can't - just had to ask!
    cheers, jim.

Hi Simon, I will have to take you up on your offer, thanks

Hi Jim, you are right, they had plants all over the UK. Now I did have a list of a few, but I cannot find it now!

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade
    hear are mine i am trying to collect flair pistols and things to go with but they are a bit thin on the ground as most things seem to be.
    i will be at burm looking for more
    Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Flare cartridge tin   British Flare cartridge tin  

British Flare cartridge tin   British Flare cartridge tin  

Very nice items.... I really like signal ctgs and the Flare pistols...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Hi Bill
    thanks for that me too not sure why i am but there you go, i put off purchasing any deacs for a while they are really hard to sell on of your interests change or you need the money. but i dont think i will part with mine.
    Andy

Hi Andy, they are really nice. I have a fetish for tins

Cheers, Ade.

I've several ww1 flare pistols and would like to pick up any associated items that any one may have for sale. There seem to be plenty of flare pistols of german, british and american available at the australian gun and militaria shows lately.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast