Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone tell me a bit about this ammo?

Article about: The eagle with swastika in talons is on both the clip and the bullets, bullets also have 1938 and the roman numeral VIII. I need to know what type of gun these went in and if there is a mark

Default Can anyone tell me a bit about this ammo?

Can anyone tell me a bit about this ammo?Can anyone tell me a bit about this ammo?Can anyone tell me a bit about this ammo?Can anyone tell me a bit about this ammo?Can anyone tell me a bit about this ammo?Can anyone tell me a bit about this ammo?
    The eagle with swastika in talons is on both the clip and the bullets, bullets also have 1938 and the roman numeral VIII. I need to know what type of gun these went in and if there is a market for this type of thing. Thanks so much in advance.

Default Re: Can anyone tell me a bit about this ammo?

8mm x 56R used in the M1895 Steyr rifle as rechambered for it in the 1920s/30s. These had been the standard Austro Hungarian service rifles during WW1 in the original 8mm x 50R 'round nose' ammo and when the empire was broken up after 1918 they were widely used in central/south eastern Europe. When Austria was annexed by Germany in 1938, the Austrian stocks of the rifle were taken over by them and used for police and eventually Volksturm use during WW2. Nazi marked ammo is fairly widely available so not very valuable.

Wow, thanks for the information!

everything has a price.