Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Can someone please tell me what this is? and the value?! i have no idea!!

Article about: I'm beginning to think that it might be some sort of sub-munition or bomblet that would have been packed into a carrier shell along with several others. Thanks Danny

Default Can someone please tell me what this is? and the value?! i have no idea!!

My grandfather left it for me and I am not sure what it is? He spoke about it to my 12th grade history class about 5 years ago and I dont remember what he said. Could it be a mine? and do you know what its worth if anything?? Thank you so much!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can someone please tell me what this is? and the value?! i have no idea!!  

?

Default Re: Can someone please tell me what this is? and the value?! i have no idea!!

Ive never seen one before but at a guess id be inclined to say its possibly a grenade of sorts ??

Default Re: Can someone please tell me what this is? and the value?! i have no idea!!

Thats what I thought too! I googled it til my hands were numb from typing and cant find one like it anywhere! haha

can you take some more pictures of it you see where there are screws does it look like they hold 2 peices together or lots more

tom

No idea what it is....but I like it certainly looks to have been designed to be thrown because of the shape and size. Are there any markings on it at all?

Thanks

Danny

I can get more pics in a little while, my phone is dead at the moment. It does look like it took two tiny screws on both sides but thats it. Im too scared to take it apart haha and even the guy at the WW2 Specialty shop said he had only seen one before and it wasnt in that kind of shape. It doesnt have any markings at all. Im not sure what to think...Im completely lost.

and it looks EXACTLY the same on the other side of the ball.

?

Maybe a lost part of a UFO? It look out of space like.

hahaha i would think something like that if he hadnt brought it to my history class in 12th grade when we talked about ww2.

Oh and its HEAVY.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast