Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian No.36M Grenade

Article about: Hello folks. The other half of the pair of pineapples I took delivery of this morning. This one appears to be an ex-practice grenade, as evidenced by the remnants of white paint still presen

Default Canadian No.36M Grenade

Hello folks.

The other half of the pair of pineapples I took delivery of this morning.

This one appears to be an ex-practice grenade, as evidenced by the remnants of white paint still present in some of the grooves. However, it does not have the drilled holes in the body typical of training grenades. A surviving wartime grenade relegated to drill purpose, perhaps? As with the other example I have posted, I am confident that the painted markings are postwar additions.

The body of this grenade is marked 'G' for Galt Metal Industries of Ontario. The lever, marked 'ChatCo' was manufactured by Chatham Co, also of Ontario. The base plug was produced by Schultz Die Casting Co. This example is dated 1945 on both the base plug, and the base of the internal tube.

As with the other grenade, the striker mechanism functions. It is fully inert, with no explosive content present. Another perfectly good display piece, even if it has been repainted.

Canadian No.36M GrenadeCanadian No.36M GrenadeCanadian No.36M GrenadeCanadian No.36M GrenadeCanadian No.36M Grenade

Regards, B.B.

Another nice example. Congrats!
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Another nice example. Congrats!
    John
    Thank you! These are certainly very addictive pieces, and much cheaper to collect than the equivalent German grenades.

B.B.