Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Concrete mine?

Article about: Good morning, my interests are only in firearms but I have found many of these pieces of concrete. A friend of mine tell me that they are german concrete mines. Can you confirm?

Default Concrete mine?

Good morning, my interests are only in firearms but I have found many of these pieces of concrete. A friend of mine tell me that they are german concrete mines. Can you confirm?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concrete mine?  

Default Re: Concrete mine?

Your friend is correct they are German concrete stock mine worth about 20e each nice find looks like they are still staked as by the Germans who left them there where were they found?

Adam

Quote by Riedmuller View Post
    Your friend is correct they are German concrete stock mine worth about 20e each nice find looks like they are still staked as by the Germans who left them there where were they found?

Adam
    WHOEEEEEE!!!!

Look's like you hit paydirt there then old son!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I know nothing of these mines. But as part of my trade i can tell you concrete will do severe damage if it explodes. Stewy S

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    I know nothing of these mines. But as part of my trade i can tell you concrete will do severe damage if it explodes. Stewy S
    Tank you, they are empty. But one of them fell on my feet: it is very heavy and dangerous!

Quote by Riedmuller View Post
    ...... where were they found?

Adam
    I found them in an old fortress in the Alps Mountains.

Sorry,what i meant was i can understand why concrete casings were used. It can be as bad as metal shrapnell. Stewy S

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Sorry,what i meant was i can understand why concrete casings were used. It can be as bad as metal shrapnell. Stewy S
    My friend told me that concrete is cheap than iron and was not detected by MD.

The stockmine although primarily made from concrete was impregnated with bits of metal ,it used a 100gm charge which was ignited by a zz35 or zz42 igniter and usually set off with a trip wire.Other igniters and modes of detonation can be found with these but the previous is the most commonly found set up.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Concrete mine?  

Thanks for pic Spotter. From what i know about concrete & it's different compositions,it would be like standing in a hail of glass & metal. Nice. Stewy S

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast