Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Detector finds today please id.

Article about: After reading all the posts on detector finds we were spured on to look for some relics. The pictures below are just a few of our finds. shell cases found were .22 9mm, .30 carbine .30 stand

Default Detector finds today please id.

After reading all the posts on detector finds we were spured on to look for some relics. The pictures below are just a few of our finds.
    shell cases found were .22 9mm, .30 carbine .30 standard. .45, .303. one .303 case had the elongated striker mark made by the brengun. one .30 standard had red paint around the tip, also found was a mortar bomb fin and the item we would really like identified is the long article, thanks, John.Detector finds today please id.
    Last edited by Blackpowder44; 01-29-2011 at 07:02 PM.

HVK
    ?

Default Re: Detector finds today please id.

Unfortunately it looks like a grenade for a Panzerschrek ! Take it outside the house, and call someone.....

It does look like a grenade from a panzerschreck.. Get rid of it..

?

For safetys sake definately get a professional to deal with it but i was wondering if it was a 30m panzerfaust rather than a panzershreck round...just the shape of the cone and where the thin nose cone would have been is gone with just the fuse tip remaining..

I wouldnt think its German, found in deepest Dorset. John.

Anywhere near Bovington?

I believe a Tiger I has been spotted in the area.

Cheers,

Pat

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    I wouldnt think its German, found in deepest Dorset. John.
    Odd things do end up in odd places, but to me it looks like a 30mm Panzerfaust round to me too. It might have been brought back for testing or for training soldiers how to use the enemys weapons?

Thanks

Danny

Can you see into the front section ? is it hollow/empty ?
    If so i think this resembles the remains of a 2.36in bazooka practice rocket with fins and nose cone rotted away or knocked off by impact..
    Have a look at the drawing to compare.
    This is not a positive id so if you have any doubts at all about this find leave it alone and call it in
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Detector finds today please id.  

?

Hey good spotting spotter,still had german in my head but think you might be onto something there....should've realised before the fuse doesnt sit at the tip but at the base of the charge remote detonated from the tip...so the solid shaft that weights the nosecone of the practice rocket you showed makes perfect sense on the relic,bout right scale as well...nice one

Detector finds today please id.Detector finds today please id.Detector finds today please id.Detector finds today please id.

Thanks for all your replies, Spotter seems to have given the correct ID. The Americand were here before D day and judging from the spent cases etc they used this part of the cliffs for a firing range. John.