Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Dopp.Z.S/60 Fuze

Article about: I haven’t posted much new items recently so I thought id show a more recent purchase Got this fuze off of ebay (thanks to BrodieBartfast for telling me about its listing). Unfortunately it i

?

Default Dopp.Z.S/60 Fuze

I haven’t posted much new items recently so I thought id show a more recent purchase

Got this fuze off of ebay (thanks to BrodieBartfast for telling me about its listing). Unfortunately it is a partial relic so i will not try and open it to see its internals.

This fuze has quite the interesting story. It was originally produced in 1929 in the 9th lot (90,000 pieces made at the time) 2nd delivery, as a timed fuze for anti aircraft purposes most likely.

However you can see that the Zt. (Zeitzünder) Has been stamped out . Dopp Z.(Doppelzünder) has been added, effectively the fuze has been changed from a Time fuze to a time and percussion fuze. This change occurred in 1932 in the 8th lot (of 80,000 pieces converted or made) 3rd delivery. Quite the effort to repurpose in my opinion.

This isnt the end of surprises with this fuze. At first glance you could confidently say with seeing Rh.S . “Ahhhh Rheinmetall made this fuze” . Due to the restrictions placed on Germany from the treaty of Versailles. Only Rheinmetall was allowed to produce fuzes. The Germans as we all know. Didn’t care about this. The Rheinmetall stamp was effectively camouflage as the real maker of this fuze was Gebrüder Thiel AG. Quite sneaky of them.

Overall a very interesting fuze. These early brass ones never come up for sale.
    Another special thanks to Alpini over at the British ordnance collectors network for helping me with information about the fuze!

Enjoy the photos!

Dopp.Z.S/60 Fuze
    Dopp.Z.S/60 Fuze
    Dopp.Z.S/60 Fuze
    Dopp.Z.S/60 FuzeDopp.Z.S/60 FuzeDopp.Z.S/60 FuzeDopp.Z.S/60 Fuze

A great looking fuse with a lot of history behind it! I'm glad I was able to help you find it.

Regards, B.B.

?

Thanks again brodie. Good thing i have that dealer saved now!

Thought i would also throw in a photo of the fuze next to its brothers. Maybe Large German fuzes could be my new collecting focus!

Dopp.Z.S/60 Fuze