Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dumag Incendiary Bomb Extinguishing compound

Article about: Hello All, New to the forum. We moved into a home 2 years ago that was build in 1923 and we cleaning out a bedroom on the 3rd floor and in a storage area we found (2) 12 lb tubes of this pro

cdotger
    ?

Default Dumag Incendiary Bomb Extinguishing compound

Hello All,

New to the forum.

We moved into a home 2 years ago that was build in 1923 and we cleaning out a bedroom on the 3rd floor and in a storage area we found (2) 12 lb tubes of this product. From some quick research (not much out there about it), They look to be from WW2 and was windering 2 things. 1. Are these items dangerous (We have 2 boys) and are they worth anything and/or collectible.

I do not want to just discard them in the trash if they are worth something and anyone is interested.

Very interested to know more about these and from reviewing the forums, this looks like the best place to start.

Thanks much,

-Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dumag Incendiary Bomb Extinguishing compound  

Default Re: Dumag Incendiary Bomb Extinguishing compound

Hi Carl, welcome to the forum!

I don't believe this will contain any harmful material, most likely it will be silica based?

Certainly a good collectable Home Front item. I like the illustration of the German fire bomb on the label.

Value? Hard to say, as I have not seen one before? Maybe £20 -£25 each?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!