Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Falklands War cluster bomb remains

Article about: The cluster bomb case is pretty cool. I'd be careful where I stepped around there as a lot of the bomblets do not initially explode. We sent a whole bunch of those to our Cuban friends in Gr

Default Falklands War Cluster bomb remains

Found at western side of Mt Tumbledown amongst many other items, i have many pictures if anybody interested?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Falklands War cluster bomb remains   Falklands War cluster bomb remains  

Falklands War cluster bomb remains   Falklands War cluster bomb remains  

Last edited by harvey mushman; 08-30-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Default Re: Falklands War cluster bomb remains

Its a BL755 with a 119 tail unit, i didnt realise we had used them in the war. I wonder if there was some armour in the area at the time.

im interested in seeing some more pictures as m3 said there was probably some armour there somewhere or an encampement of some sort

tom

Very interesting. More pictures would be great, as many as you can find!

Various pics here the field kitchens were to the east side of Tumbledown nearest to Port Stanley. The mess kit with bullet hole through it i managed to salvage for my collection, there were also lots of cheap rubber soled plimsoles around.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Falklands War cluster bomb remains   Falklands War cluster bomb remains  

More from Tumbledown including cave that we found an Argentine sleeping bag in, it was in very good condition and is now in the museum in Stanley as they didnt have one. Trip wire assembly was still stuck into ground. These pictures were taken from SW corner of Mountain.

thank you for the pictures very informative any ideas about that vehicle (big rusted thing) can't work out what it might be

tom

Cave with sleeping bag and general rubbish all Argentine, i had hesitation before i went in here as you just never know!! Lots of communication wires and stuff lying aound also. Bottom picture shows cave entrance on RHS scramble to get to it.

Quote by talltom View Post
    thank you for the pictures very informative any ideas about that vehicle (big rusted thing) can't work out what it might be

tom
    Hi Yes it is a field kitchen, i believe they could use oil or solid fuel, they had good tow bar assemblys on them that disappeared. Some more pics, i have lots more from other sites on Falklands, i will keep posting

Hi, those kitchen belonged to the well trained Marines Batallion no. 5 (Batallon de Infanteria de Marina 5) they fought against Welsh Guards on June 13th night together with Infantry Regiment no. 6.
    The remains of those canvas shoes were part of the regiment's 6 cloth for training during recruitment, many soldiers carry their casual cloth to the islands on a heavy bags, of course they were useless.
    Regards, German (it is my first name, the spanish form of Sherman)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast