Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Falklands War cluster bomb remains

Article about: The cluster bomb case is pretty cool. I'd be careful where I stepped around there as a lot of the bomblets do not initially explode. We sent a whole bunch of those to our Cuban friends in Gr

?

Default Re: Falklands War cluster bomb remains

Quote by milmuseum View Post
    Thanks Andy. I'll have to get one for my collection.

Burt
    You're welcome Burt.
    These are quite expensive items.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    You're welcome Burt.
    These are quite expensive items.

Best Regards,

Andy
    I guess they are!! I had no idea. I did find some copys for cheap but authentic ones are sky high. Ay least I know what to look for as I had no idea these existed.

Thank you

Burt

interesting item. thanks for sharing

Quote by cornishboy View Post
    interesting item. thanks for sharing
    Thanks for that, its a really interesting place, lots to see.

Tragic to think of all the soldiers who died there.

The sleeping bag we found is now in the museum in Stanley.

chalker
    ?

Do you know who built those field kitchens? The museum I volunteer at has one and we are trying to identify the manufacturer

chalker
    ?

German,
    I volunteer at a museum in the US, we have one of these field kitchens. Do you know who built them? I suspect that they were built by the Israeli firm of Netzer Sereni, but I haven't been able to confirm this. We are planning to restore ours to operating condition. Ours came from a museum in Germany, I have no clue as to how it got there.
    Thanks,
    Steve

sorry i dont know the manufacturer, i dont remember seeing any marks on them apart from a faded sun symbol from the Argentinian Flag.

?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Correct, America gave full assistance to the UK at that time, but it had to be deniable to the US media.

Bless you Ronnie.

Best Regards,

Andy

Edit: I have tried to find the reference book I read about this, with no luck. It did slip out on UK media a few years after the war that America certainly resupplied the Task Force with sidewinders though.

A
    Oh, to have a President like Reagan again... that would be nice! I'm happy for the eight years we had him!

Mike

?

BL755 cluster bombs were used quite a bit in the Falklands,They were used around Mount Kent against helicopters on the ground as they had a large footprint making it a bit easier to get more than one at a time.There was also an incident when Flt Lt John Rochfort was in one of the Harriers returning to the shipcrashe into the Port catwalk and was left hanging off the edge and was sitting on the bomb which being a soft skin weapon was starting to split.They recovered the aircraft and dumped the bomb over the side .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3