Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Few Items From My Collection.

Article about: Heres just a few of the items of ordnance i have in my collection. Its a mix of complete rounds, shell cases and artillery projectiles. Cant show em all at moment as most are packed away in

Default Few Items From My Collection.

Heres just a few of the items of ordnance i have in my collection. Its a mix of complete rounds, shell cases and artillery projectiles. Cant show em all at moment as most are packed away in crates ready for when we move to new address. Regards, Tim.

Default Re: Few Items From My Collection.

Nice collection Tim. I still have some 1 inch brass Royal Artillery training flares for your collection. I will bring them with me on the 15th. Cheers, Simon.

Nearly forgot to write this:- Nice smart Bofors rounds you have there, and what is the large round?

Quote by shadowwolf View Post
    Nice collection Tim. I still have some 1 inch brass Royal Artillery training flares for your collection. I will bring them with me on the 15th. Cheers, Simon.
    Nice one Simon! Glad you like my little collection! Cheers, Tim.

Micky Mouse Art work, Looks to be someones past Pride and Joy.

The one next to the Bofors is a 105mm Squash Head Practice round, the blue one below is a 120-mm CHARM 3 (Challenger Armaments 3)
    Fin Stabilised Discarding Sabot practice round and the very last one with the fins is a rare early version of a fin stabilised artillery round and is around 90-mm calibre. The Boffors are a nice pair, the one on left of the picture is a drill while the other a mint 1943 dated High Explosive. I love cannon rounds in particular. Regards, Tim.

Quote by Justin View Post
    Micky Mouse Art work, Looks to be someones past Pride and Joy.
    Yes thats a nice trench arted WW2 Russian 23mm Vya aircraft cannon shell case. This was i was told from the Battle of Kursk and later gifted to an Allied soldier after the Mickey Mouse was inscribed into it. Regards, Tim.

Tim, that 105mm Squash Head Practice Round looks heavy. How much does it weigh (roughly) ?
    Cheers, Simon.

Tim, that 105mm Squash Head Practice Round looks heavy. How much does it weigh (roughly) ?
    Cheers, Simon.
    Hi Simon, Its not too bad weight wise and id say at a very rough guess around 20-25lbs. It was for use in post WW2 105-mm Tank guns. Its a fired round minus its driving band. Regards, Tim.

?

the 15mm MG151 round is nice- pretty uncommon, that, since it wasn't used so much as its bigger cousin the 2cm MG151/20...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast