Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

First World War Mills Bomb

Article about: Hi. Here are a few pics of my WW1 Mills Bomb. Was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is genuine or not as I have seen a few pics of decent fakes although to my mind it does not have the

Default First World War Mills Bomb

First World War Mills BombFirst World War Mills BombFirst World War Mills BombFirst World War Mills BombFirst World War Mills BombHi. Here are a few pics of my WW1 Mills Bomb. Was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is genuine or not as I have seen a few pics of decent fakes although to my mind it does not have the characteristics of these.

Many Thanks.

Default Re: First World War Mills Bomb

This is a good one IMO, I like it....................!
    Regards,

Steve.

My opinion also-it's an A-1 Genuine. And I Like it! Wish I had one too! William

As it says, a No.23 MkII manufactured by May and Padmore. I'd love it for meself!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Looks genuine to me, I have one almost the same apart from mine has a ally base plug and is dated 1916. I notice yours is cocked which puts straign on the lever pin and this caused mine to bend due to the spring pressure, I'd be temped to release the firing pin carefully which will stop any bending over time.

nice nade,,,,i have never owned one of these,,,

Thanks guys, im really pleased about that, its one of my favourite pieces.

?

In respect of the grenade, its a very nice example, the hollow spoon i believe was later replaced, for the reasons of safety, with a solid one that didnt tend to bend, mine has both the solid version and alloy base plug, dated 1918 by JP&S, base plug by PDC

Quote by davejb View Post
    In respect of the grenade, its a very nice example, the hollow spoon i believe was later replaced, for the reasons of safety, with a solid one that didnt tend to bend, mine has both the solid version and alloy base plug, dated 1918 by JP&S, base plug by PDC
    JP&S is Josiah Parkes & Sons Ltd of Willenhall West Midlands. They we're world famous lock makers. I drive past the vast empty factory often, a victim of cheap eastern imports alas.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Get in there Ned, have a look around, you never know what youll find in some dark corner