Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Five .55 boys rounds on a stripper clip, Whats it worth?

Article about: Hi. In my ammo collection i have only one pretty banged up .55 round for the Boys Anti Tank rifle. Its full of dents and has tool marks on it. But now i have the chance of buying 5 of these

Default Five .55 boys rounds on a stripper clip, Whats it worth?

Hi. In my ammo collection i have only one pretty banged up .55 round for the Boys Anti Tank rifle. Its full of dents and has tool marks on it.

But now i have the chance of buying 5 of these beauties on a stripper clip. There pretty oxidized, but in perfect condition compared to the one i have. I if it won't degrade their value i can always clean them up a bit.

What do you guys think? Whats a good price for this?
    Greets.

Default Re: Five .55 boys rounds on a stripper clip, Whats it worth?

I'm unsure of the price, but as for cleaning them up I wouldnt as with the majority of things in this hobby things are best left in "as is" condition, nothing thats about 70 years old looks all shiney and new unless someone has cleaned it up

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I'm unsure of the price, but as for cleaning them up I wouldnt as with the majority of things in this hobby things are best left in "as is" condition, nothing thats about 70 years old looks all shiney and new unless someone has cleaned it up

Thanks

Danny
    Indeed i know But i thought about just removing those nasty oxidized spots, you know those white/greenish spots.

Hi price is tricky for these. about £7 to £10 pound per round seems about avarage depending upon condition and if the primer has been struck. rember these are section 5 restricted so the projectiles will have to have had the cores removed or similer to make legal in the uk.
    i have never seen or heard of this being enforced but best to know.
    Andy

Quote by dogdog47 View Post
    Hi price is tricky for these. about £7 to £10 pound per round seems about avarage depending upon condition and if the primer has been struck. rember these are section 5 restricted so the projectiles will have to have had the cores removed or similer to make legal in the uk.
    i have never seen or heard of this being enforced but best to know.
    Andy
    I don't live in the UK

Ha well best of luck with them there is no location on your post so just had to take a shot as they say.
    Andy

Quote by dogdog47 View Post
    Ha well best of luck with them there is no location on your post so just had to take a shot as they say.
    Andy
    Oh? must have forgotten to fill that in. I'm from Belgium

?

Indeed any expert will tell you that 'cleaning up' antiques of any sort will hurt their value- however in your case, that's verdigris or 'bronze disease', which is a destructive process that affects copper and its alloys, and is progressive so must be dealt with. It has to be removed mechanically, i.e, scraping, and completely as any left will just grow again. If you're careful not to scratch the adjacent clean brass, it shouldn't harm the value...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...