Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German 1945 Improvised grenade

Article about: Got this one in this afternoon direct from Poland. You dont see these come up all that often so I nabbed it for a reasonable price. Thought its not in the best of conditions its still solid

Default German 1945 Improvised grenade

Got this one in this afternoon direct from Poland. You dont see these come up all that often so I nabbed it for a reasonable price. Thought its not in the best of conditions its still solid and far from flaky. But first here is some info:

It's original use was as a parachute-dropped "Splitterbombe SD 0,5kg" , but towards the end of the war with munitions at a low it was now issued with a grenade pullfuze. (BZE39 pictured)

The body is made of steel and has a screwed on top plug, which holds a BZ40 friction fuze.

Length body: 60mm. Width 35mm.
    Total length varies with fuze type.
    Weight: 500gram, Filling 31gram.

German 1945 Improvised grenadeGerman 1945 Improvised grenadeGerman 1945 Improvised grenadeGerman 1945 Improvised grenadeGerman 1945 Improvised grenadeGerman 1945 Improvised grenadeGerman 1945 Improvised grenadeGerman 1945 Improvised grenade

For these pictures I used my best BZE39 fuse (1944 dated) to give you and idea of size and action but have since replaced it with a similar 1944 dated version which fits with the look of the grenade more. Its alot smaller than I had thought, smaller than the M39 Egg grenade but I could see it still doing some damage. Would have been ussied with the late was concrete egg grenades and the M45 Volkshandgrenate.

Thanks for looking
    Jason

AIF
    ?

Default Re: German 1945 Improvised grenade

Hi mate how did you go getting that into Australia? Any hassles?

Cheers Luke.

Hiya Luke,

Nah no hassles, at the end of the day its an empty metal container with a screw cap. Unless you know what it is you would probably think of it as an old car part or something.

Jason

Very nice item!

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Hiya Luke,

Nah no hassles, at the end of the day its an empty metal container with a screw cap. Unless you know what it is you would probably think of it as an old car part or something.

Jason
    That is what I do.
    Old car part ,engine parts.
    chris

Does anyone have a 1945 Cardboard Volkshandgrenate?

Jason