Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German 20mm Anti-Aircraft?

Article about: Hello Gents, Know very little about ordnance. Picked these us recently I know they are ww2 german 20mm. Can anyone expand on that. Thanks in advance Ned

Default German 20mm Anti-Aircraft?

Hello Gents,
    Know very little about ordnance. Picked these us recently I know they are ww2 german 20mm. Can anyone expand on that. Thanks in advance
    NedGerman 20mm Anti-Aircraft?German 20mm Anti-Aircraft?German 20mm Anti-Aircraft?German 20mm Anti-Aircraft?German 20mm Anti-Aircraft?German 20mm Anti-Aircraft?

I just aquired one and here is some info...
    Need help with this German AA round

Early 2cm FlaK ( one seems to be dated '38 or 9, the other possibly '40 ? ). Condition is rather poor, they look to have been ground-dug and then polished. I'm assuming the one with the complete primer is deactivated (?).

It(s one explosive with the fuze in alu....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

I just picked up 2 of these - 1943 ones, with lacquered steel shells for 20 EU / each.
    (Not sure if that was an OK price, but not an item I see too often)

Cheers,
    Fabe

German 20mm Anti-Aircraft?German 20mm Anti-Aircraft?German 20mm Anti-Aircraft?German 20mm Anti-Aircraft?German 20mm Anti-Aircraft?

The shells are not too uncommon to come by... The heads are a bit hard to find! Nice ones anyway!!

The top ones are not ground dug, that green stuff is uneven copper oxidation not coherent with soil oxidation. They look nice.

Chris

Thumbs up

Quote by Fabe View Post
    1943 ones, with lacquered steel shells for 20 EU / each.
    (Not sure if that was an OK price, but not an item I see too often)

Cheers,
    Fabe
    E20 in that condition is good : I'd have grabbed them !

They had been in a rather unattractive piece of trench art. The bases had been inside apiece of wood and had been in an attic or barn in the north country for decades. I am dropping them off at my gunsmith to make sure they are safe. I know all the power inside is gone and the heads had been drilled on the sides, but as for the fuse and the primer, he can render it safe or ditch it if its to much of a problem