Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

german fuze info

Article about: can anyone let me know what the shell looked like for this fuze or just general info about it??? i found this on utah beach see pic: 149.jpg picture by steviehoods - Photobucket

Default german fuze info

can anyone let me know what the shell looked like for this fuze or just general info about it???

i found this on utah beach

see pic:
    149.jpg picture by steviehoods - Photobucket

Default Re: german fuze info

I think this may be a US Fuze. BD is "Base Detonating". But I don't know much about these.

US Ontstekingsmiddelen: - M58 B.D. FUZE - Bodemvondsten : Forum tweede wereldoorlog

Ash

looks like you found a few other things ! the photobucket link was interesting. I would be worried as hell, digging up some of that stuff!!!

yeah we didnt hang about to long and was very careful pulling them out. the mortars gave us a bit of a shock at first. but i was way to curious to stop looking.....the tobruk they were put in was full of sand and im sure there was a ton of more things......

thanks ash.....im not sure if i should keep this then??? looking at the diagram from the link you sent the detonator is still on it. eep

Quote by thehoods View Post
    thanks ash.....im not sure if i should keep this then??? looking at the diagram from the link you sent the detonator is still on it. eep

No problem, that may be sensible! This is from "The US ARMY - Encyclopedia of explosives & related items, Volume 4"

Section 5, Part C

"This fuze was used during and after WW2 in the HE Shell M63 for 37mm guns M3A1 & M6. Overall length 2.02 inches, weight 0.30 pounds."

german fuze infogerman fuze info

303sniper
    ?

Hi,

The fuse in the first picture looks to be US made. It surrly isn't an German one. The mortars in the other pictures are German 5 cm(black bakelite fuse), the grenade in picture 4 is WW1 stuff. The mortars in picture 2 and 3 too.

i hope you didn't bring them home, they were made to hurt people.......

Cu Harry