Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German Late War Petrol Bomb

Article about: Hello everyone. I have seen this item for sale in a merchant's website with the following description: ''This is a late war last ditch weapon used to destroy tanks and vehicles. It's a glass

Default German Late War Petrol Bomb

Hello everyone. I have seen this item for sale in a merchant's website with the following description:
    ''This is a late war last ditch weapon used to destroy tanks and vehicles. It's a glass petrol bomb that was filled with flammable liquid, the bottom has 2 chemical vials which were to be crushed, and the chemicals would cause a flame reaction and the petrol bomb would be thrown at a hard service to destroy a tank or vehicle''
    Has anyone seen one like this. Personally i have never seen such an item on any book.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Late War Petrol Bomb  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Default Re: German Late War Petrol Bomb

Its Hungarian..... M39/a LangKezigranat
    info here M39/a LangKézigránát

Hi spotter and thanks for the info. I have read the link and it refers only to the Hungarian army. The website which sells this item sells only German militaria. If you know, was this petrol bomb used by the Wehrmacht or only by Hungarian army?
    Coz if it's the latter then the merchant is lying.

I personally dont know if it was used by the germans ,so ive sent my friend Lex who owns the site in the link i posted a message to try and find out for you,i will let you know when he replys..
    allan

i readet onecs in a book the volkssturm used them as well at the end of the war

Thanks guys.

I have had a reply from my friend,,he says it is possible the Hungarian grenade was used by the germans,,but they also would have used many other captured non german made weapons .eg captured no36 mills bombs etc
    hope this helps
    allan

Quote by spotter View Post
    I have had a reply from my friend,,he says it is possible the Hungarian grenade was used by the germans,,but they also would have used many other captured non german made weapons .eg captured no36 mills bombs etc
    hope this helps
    allan
    Maybe i should get one then. It's for sale for 65 euros each.