Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German Magazine + pistol rounds

Article about: Hi, my pickups for today are one German magazine and a box of Nato 9mm rounds, the mag is marked Waffen stamp with a 4 under it, then BS10 waffen stamp with 4 under it, and dated 1938. At th

Default German Magazine + pistol rounds

Hi,
    my pickups for today are one German magazine and a box of Nato 9mm rounds,
    the mag is marked Waffen stamp with a 4 under it, then BS10 waffen stamp with 4 under it, and dated 1938. At the bottom opposite side it has KzIBb, it is 7 3/4" at the highest x 3,3/4"
    x 3/4 " if you could Id it i would be obliged. Also i had a full box of 9mm Nato rounds 50 in the box all marked 1962, ( all Deac ) box is marked Kynock Parabellum, adapt to Parabellum and Luger. sorry about the blurry pics.
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Magazine + pistol rounds   German Magazine + pistol rounds  

?

Default Re: German Magazine + pistol rounds

It`s an MG13 magazine....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hi Pete, thanks mate that was quick i thought i might have to wait for that one lol, it was a good pickup but i didnt know what it belong to.
    Dave.

?

Pete beat me to it on the MG13 magazine!

Technically, your 9mm rounds are not 9mm NATO. They are commercial 9mm Parabellum rounds made by Kynoch in the 1960s. I must have shot thousands of them over the years.

The 9mm NATO is a somewhat hotter load and is identified by the NATO symbol in the headstamp to show that it conforms to the STANAG (Standardised Agreement) for that calibre.

Regards
    TonyE
    British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant
    https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/

Hi tony,
    All the rounds have the circle and cross which are on all Nato rounds, i also have fires thousands whilst in the army. all the 7.62, 9mm, 50 call ect i have fired had this symbol for Nato.
    Dave.
    PS, someone was a naughty boy getting these out, ( no live rounds or empty cases in my possession sir, lol. )

?

Hi

If your rounds have the Nato symbol on them they do not belong with that box. The headstamp of the rounds originally in that box would have been "KYNOCH 9m/mP".

What is the headstamp on your rounds? The British 9mm NATO round at that time would have been the Mark 2z and have a headstamp such as "RG 64 9MM"Z (+)". Whilst they were fine for firing in a Browning, they were death to a decent Parabellum pistol (Luger) or other early 9mm. I have seen a couple of Lugers where the toggle pin cracked due to firing Mark 2z.

Regards
    TonyE
    British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant
    https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/

Hi tony,
    I agree with you wrong box, the rounds are marked RG 62 9mm 2z (+), i used to carry a 9mm Browning most of the time, i still have some .22 army rounds in the original box with the whitish label on as we remember the boxes were not that pretty lol. Thanks for your reply.
    Dave.

Default MG13 Magazine 1938.

Nothing special but an MG13 magazine marked Berlin Sühler werk, BSW and dated to 1938, as most of the ones I come across seem to be.