Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Stick Grenade

Article about: Hello, Can someone tell me if this grenade is original? I have only these pictures. Thank you! Annoyed from this ads?   Greetings from Luxembourg

Default German Stick Grenade

Hello,

Can someone tell me if this grenade is original? I have only these pictures.
    Thank you!

Greetings from Luxembourg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Stick Grenade   German Stick Grenade  

German Stick Grenade   German Stick Grenade  

German Stick Grenade  

Something about the bottom cap is odd but, the markings on the handle are acceptable as far as I know. They are the date and maker. The cannister could be a repaint or not. Is there any stamps on the top, photos are out of focus.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree bottom cap is different than standard type looks like top has been repainted and stenciled. I have one from the mid 70's that has a original wooden handle and all metal is probably repo as the can part at top is filled with sand. I think they did make "Parts potato mashers" not that this one is it looks ok just refinished handle is good mine is marked with same code. timothy

Thank you guys! I don't have any other photos. The seller asks 30 Euro, so good price?

Greetings

I'd say so at that price. timothy

The top fitting of the handle that screws into the grenade should be staked on by 1943 as far as i know.
    I have both a 1942 EVY and a 1943 EVY. My 42 is pinnned and the 43 staked. Also the pins look way to low on the fitting. Could post pictures of both if you want.
    Steve

Nice thank you for your help gentlemen

I think the can and bottom cap are wrong the join around the base of the can is to thick for a start

It looks similar to some that were being sold at War and Peace Revival , the guy selling said they were reproductions.They looked good

?

There's a sticky thread at the beginning of the section just on the subject of the Stielhandgranate 24: Real or Fake Stielhandgranate M24 ????

evv is at least a valid maker code; it was a furniture company, so logical to be producing grenade sticks. Fakers sometimes catch themselves by just using three letters that don't correspond to any real code or are a company that doesn't fit with the product. It doesn't mean the stick is real though- a faker could have just copied a real one's code.

The thing is 30EUR is INSANELY low for one of these- I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if it's real at that price...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast